Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat increase help

Elementality

Ok, so I have plateaued with squats. Been on 5x5 for a year now and I have gotten great results, good core development. Now what I am doing is a daily focus program. I.e, monday ill do all chest and triceps, wednesday all shoulders and back, friday all legs, and misc. <biceps, abs, whatever>.

This being said, I have an entire day to focus on legs and I want my squatting to go up. I'm thinking calf raises, leg presses and squats is a good leg day... some suggestions?

Try a different pathway to stregnth with squats. I like doing breathing squats. Take a weight you normally do aset of 12 with. Get as many as you can, if you can only get to 14-15, then just take a few breaths with the weight still on your back. Then go for a few more. Take as long between reps as you need. This will have you breathing hard as hell and will have you shaking like a leaf when you step out of the rack. Hope this helps.
Another trick is one-and-a-half squats. Start lighter than usual. Go down, pause, come halfway back up, pause, go back down, and come back up to the top. Thats one rep. Try for 8-12. These are REALLY "fun." lol
Hope this help

Top Bottom