Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat help!!!

I realize without watching me squat, you can't really have the full idea of what my problem is, but you can do your best with my description. Basically I suck at them. I can take my top squat weight that I can barely squeeze out with a belt and wraps, put it on the ground and rep out with it on deads for like 15 or so. I don't know why when I put it on my back, it just crushed me. First off, I am 5'7" and weigh 155ish. With wraps I have hit a best of 315. Woopidee doo!

Now, I can do arched back gm's with the same weight and do a few reps. It seems that my back is very strong and I can finish a squat with ease. It's coming out of the hole that I totally suck. Even with like 275-300 on, once I get passed the half-way mark I fly up as if it is 135. It's just getting out of the hole. What is the best remedy for this? Tons of box squats? Anyone know any bizarre techniques that I may never have tried. I think I may be joining the local Gold's and they have a reverse hyper if that will help at all. Any info is appreciated.

Hit that reverse hyper up , Pull troughs and hip work. Sounds like your hamstrings and glutes are the weak link. Low box will work as well.

I didn't get a chance to watch it yet, but the video my buddy took the other day of us lifting, he said that as I go down I lean way too far forward and when I start up, my butt/hips move up first. GRRRRRRR, how do I correct this? I need to be more upright and keep my ass down and drive my hips forward.

Suggestions...

Try working your hips, abs (obliques too) and lower back. These are the muscle groups that stabilize the torso. If you strengthen these muscles you will be able to maintain the upright posture when deep in the hole. Make sure your technique is sound also. Take as wide a stance as you feel comfortable with, place the bar as low as possible on the traps (upper back), big air before descending, sit back with your butt as far as possible (lead with the butt, not a bend at the knees), let your torso descend directly down between your hips, keep your chest high and look up (very important). When firing out of the hole force your knees out, lead with your head and shoulders, break the bar over your back and move your hips up and forward. Thazzit! Good luck!

- Screwball

Top Bottom