Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat and Front Squat problem

WannaBPowerful

Why the hell am i more sore the next day after doing squats or front squats, in my ass (glutes) than my quads? Quads are sore, but ass is always MORE sore. I know soreness isnt a sign of growth, but i have to be doing more damage to my glutes then my quads if they hurt more.

Because you're doing them right.

Quads: "All show and no go."

I haven't trained my quads in 6 months. A strong squat is from the hams, glutes, hips, and lower back. None of the PLers I'm close to train quads, and they squat ALOT of weight. They're just not the primary movers.

I humbly disagree. I specifically do front squats to build my hips and back for sumo deadlifting. They do hit quads more than the regular squats, but at 225 x 6 I never come away with sore quads...just sore glutes.

I compete in olympic lifting. So I do full back squats and front squats. My hams, glutes and quads always get sore.

CoolColJ said:
If your glutes are sore when doing front squats, your doing something wrong :)

not particularly. though there is alot of quad in the front squat, chances are his weak link is the glutes. if he has been training traditionally (bodybuilding) then leg press is a staple for most bb'ers. if he is quad dominant and implements a squatting routine....the weak link will be evident by soreness.

also some people doing "front squats will use a cossack style which allows them to bend forward more, vs a clean grip which forces you to stay up. bending forward meaning more, more glute activation.

another possibility is stance width.

These moves are still compound, the more you hit the better. I just feel front squats LEAST in my quads, and not at all in a full squat.

You guys are probably leaning too far forward.

I last time I felt my glutes get sore was when i did full jump squats and snatch grip deadlifts.

Yeap - if you upper body is bolt urpight then your quads should get hammered. If you can't may I suggest some Weightlifting shoes :)

Top Bottom