Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat and deadlift form (common problem)

A

Advaik

What can I do to keep my back straight during squats and deadlift? For some reason I always bend my back when coming up from a squat, even if I look directly up at the ceiling. When deadlifting it's the same thing, I bend my back. I tried using a weight belt but it doesnt help much. I dont bend my back alot, but it's enough to mess up my form. I am afraid one day that the little bend I have will cause a problem when I am going extremely heavy.

If it's honestly that bad grab a broomstick and fake squat/deadlift in front of a miror for a few hours untill you've got your shit together.

It's not that bad, but I still dont want to end up hurting my back.

My form is perfect until I go heavy, for some reason whenever I go heavy I have a tendacy to bend my back just a little. I can pratice for hours with a lighter weight, but I will still bend my back when I go heavy. There has to be a way to make sure I don't bend my back, I am about to go out and buy a back brace or something.

Do you think it might be because your back is your weak spot? Maybe try finding the highest weight you squat/deadlift while keeping your back straight, and do that for 5x5 or something similar for a while to get your back stronger. Then try going heavy again sometime after that and see if there is an improvement.

Just a thought,
Joker

could I do good mornings with light weight to strengthen my back instead? I still get a good workout from deadlifts and squats even though I bend my back some, there has to be a way to strengthen my back without having to resort to lessening the weight of my other lifts.

I think it means your lower back is not strong enough to hold your form.

Back raises and reverse hypers should help

Top Bottom