Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Squat! 425X12 ..no belt no wraps

louden_swain said:
Thats a really impressive squat!! Did you feel like barfing afterwards?
No..but I was laying on the ground huffing and puffing like a frieght train! Didn't check pulse rate but must have been over 180 ...too high for a 40 year old!...
I also was shaking after a few minutes ..and that lasted until I left the gym about 10 minutes later.

that sounds really impressive, but don't you guys think it is way too risky? when im doing squats i dont dare to do them without all the appropriate gear........and dont take this the wrong way but think about it.

lowiqintern said:
that sounds really impressive, but don't you guys think it is way too risky? when im doing squats i dont dare to do them without all the appropriate gear........and dont take this the wrong way but think about it.

Well, 2 things , this weight of 425 was at least 100 lbs below my wrapped and strapped weight. And my belt broke back in Oct. and I have not replaced it yet(damn thing onlt lasted 20 years....piece of shit:) )
Also for the last 2 years I have been slowly easing my self away from my belt ....hell I used to use it down at 135 LBS...then for at least 6 month I I just used it at 225 + then for the last year or so only on sets above 365 ...when the belt broke I then went to 405 , and over a period of 8-10 work outs I eased my way up about 10 LBS per ....most I have tried so far is 475x5 -6 ...so as you see it is not something I just jumped into ...and I am still at only at less then 75% of my wrapped max .

I havent used any apparatus, belt, wraps, etc in over 5 years and I'm actually healthier without them, and stronger now too

Thats moving some slag iron like a freight train DEEP SQUAT---helluva job and believe me I know exactly what your talking about with the breathing after---it takes the wind out of your sails. For anyone who thinks you can squat 400 plus lbs for 20 reps and still have small legs I say impossible

Top Bottom