Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sprained my Foot!

MaGilicuti

Sprained my foot pretty badly alittle less then 2 weeks ago. I was about to walk fine after 5 days from the injury but it still hurts. This friday May 18 will be 2 weeks from the injury and about 3 weeks since I didn't do legs. I missed a week at the gym because of this injury and now I still can't do legs. Tried to do squats with no weight just to warm up yesterday and I couldn't go down even half way without pain. Anyone got any suggestions?

In dealing with an ankle sprain, worrisome features are few but important to recoginize. A "POP" heard or felt at the time of injury, a prolonged course, or a history of several previous injuries are all of concern. The first rule is to rule out fracture or rupture of a ligament in this case the anterior talofibular (ATF) ligament. If you can walk or run with out excruciating pain most likly you don't have a fracture, as far as ligament rupture you will have to take you ankle through a range of motion test inorder to examine the integrity of your ligaments.
Chances are it's your grade-1, grade-2 sprain which requires no surgical intervention. You have a chronic condition since it hs been two weeks. See a DC that specializes in extremeties...get that foot back in to it's proper biomechanical position, so the bones are articulating properly when the ligaments heal completely or else it could result in a state of ligament laxity which down the road could manifest itself as reoccring ankle sprains and possibly tibial torsion syndrome. If a DC is not possible for you, soak your foot in a hot water bath and take it through and active range of motion extend it back towards you and flex it toward the floor and stationary bike riding with a concentration on ankle movements. Also, taping or bracing should be used during vigorous activity. In addition proteolytic enzyme suppliments such as Zimaine is great to decrease the inflamation and edema you have with your case. Right now the key is to get them bones back into to there correct position and rehab the musculature and ligaments around them. Good luck with it ;)

Concentrate on doing leg extension and leg curls, any leg exercised that you can do with out hurting your ankle. At least that way you can still train your legs

Concentrate on doing leg extension and leg curls, any leg exercised that you can do with out hurting your ankle. At least that way you can still train your legs

Top Bottom