Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

A spotter ?

On any pressing movements I usually just tell whoever it is not to touch the bar till i say. That also reminds me of those guys that lift together and all they do is pull the weight off each others chest every set lol. I always laugh when the spotter needs a rest between spotting sets lol.

GOHVYORGOHME said:
On any pressing movements I usually just tell whoever it is not to touch the bar till i say. That also reminds me of those guys that lift together and all they do is pull the weight off each others chest every set lol. I always laugh when the spotter needs a rest between spotting sets lol.
youve never heard of thiat exercise..one guy is doing chest and the other is doing bb rows for back..kill 2 birds with one stone!!!!!!! lol yep thats one of my all time favs too lol

wnt2bBeast said:
youve never heard of thiat exercise..one guy is doing chest and the other is doing bb rows for back..kill 2 birds with one stone!!!!!!! lol yep thats one of my all time favs too lol

yup, you might be a glory spotter if:

Your veins are popping out as much as the guy doing the lift.

If your grunting louder than your buddy doing the lift is.

If you need as much time to get pumped up as your buddy does.

lastly, you might be a glory spotter if you injure your back spotting your buddy benching! :p

I agree- theres are alot of spotters out there that are clueless... but my experience is better to have a crappy one than get buried under the bar (been there/ done that/ not fun).

Those are the reasons that I don't ask people who I don't know to spot for me. That is also the reason I don't like to be asked to spot for people I don't know.

Workout I saw today

Flat Bench

135 for a few reps
185 for 2!
225 for .5, spotter "helps"(reads deadlifts) 6 reps

What is the point of this?

InTraining said:
Workout I saw today

Flat Bench

135 for a few reps
185 for 2!
225 for .5, spotter "helps"(reads deadlifts) 6 reps

What is the point of this?

The guy worked his ego
The spotter worked his traps

New Spotter are like little kids, have to tell exactly what to do a lot of time, and the will fuck it up eventually. If I squat, bench, press heavy I go to a power rack and just set the pins

big4life said:
Those are the reasons that I don't ask people who I don't know to spot for me. That is also the reason I don't like to be asked to spot for people I don't know.

I couldnt have said it any better myself. If i dont know anybody in the gym, i will cut my sets/reps short in order to save the other guys life. If i tell someone not to touch the bar, that is exactly what i meant. So, if they touch the bar, the bar will be shoved right up their ass. This is the disclaimer i use for anyone who spots me.

Top Bottom