Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sports Science and Fight Science (Rampage Jackson)

I'm not all that impressed with how wide he had to go to hit like that. It's a sell out shot....if it hits, yeah....painful. But in MMA a shot like that doesn't hit very often. Tyson was MUCH MUCH MUCH more compact in his strike when he hit the pad at some sick poundage, like 2200 or 2400...something like that. And the punch he threw could "easily" land........short and quick. Rampage just threw himself into that punch.

redsamurai said:
I'm not all that impressed with how wide he had to go to hit like that. It's a sell out shot....if it hits, yeah....painful. But in MMA a shot like that doesn't hit very often. Tyson was MUCH MUCH MUCH more compact in his strike when he hit the pad at some sick poundage, like 2200 or 2400...something like that. And the punch he threw could "easily" land........short and quick. Rampage just threw himself into that punch.

hell ya, Mike T would throw those haymakers with the guy gaurding his face and would still get knocked cold

I heard somewhere his punches where equivilant to the force of a padded house brick being thrown at 60mph at your head

fistfullofsteel said:
Rampage Jackson punches with 1,800 lbs of force. Yikes, that's scarey. Both shows are great. On NGC.

watching them now. Sports Science is almost over. It was good. Fight Science is next. That's the one I'm most interested in.

fistfullofsteel said:
Rampage Jackson punches with 1,800 lbs of force. Yikes, that's scarey. Both shows are great. On NGC.

and Vandy's knee strikes are 1801 lbs.

redsamurai said:

Thats a different fighting style all together. You can't compare MMA to pure boxing.

The wide punches thrown in MMA do land and do knock people the fuck out. Its harder to block small gloves, with small gloves. When you have to worry about every possible angle of attack, a looping punch has a better chance of making it, than when you just have to watch the guy's hands.

Big Rick Rock said:
Thats a different fighting style all together. You can't compare MMA to pure boxing.

The wide punches thrown in MMA do land and do knock people the fuck out. Its harder to block small gloves, with small gloves. When you have to worry about every possible angle of attack, a looping punch has a better chance of making it, than when you just have to watch the guy's hands.

Maybe I'm behind the times, but I don't like the lidell "noodle arm" style of swinging. If Rampage would have tried to hit Hendo with that punch, he would have lost that fight. Rampage's punch's in that fight were very tight and crisp and in control.....even when he swung wide.

Top Bottom