Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

spinal disorders and squads

murphy chains

I had a hernia on one of my disc from a bike accident and I was able to recover with therapy , it took me a few months but I made it and now live without pain. I had been lifting weights too for a long time before it happened, and I lost some hardness on my muscles and gain some weight I want to get rid of. I will be back in the gym soon, do you think including squats on my weekly work out could hurt me again even if done in the most proper way and lifting light?

yes it can. you want to go very light and make sure you are warming up.

you should be following your PT's advice on stretching and strenghtening your back. i spent a good 15 minutes every weight training session stretching and making my weaknesses stronger since i have shoulder, back, elbow and neck issues

It could. Remember that squats are primarily a leg exercise but any movement that that uses free weights also incorporates your core to stabilize yourself.

I would not incorporate squats into your leg workout unless your doctor has given you permission.

I would start off with things like leg press and hack squat which will cause much more activation and once you are comfortable with those, then start doing squats.

With any exercise you are doing that will put stress on your back I would just be very careful with form and to go very light. Also, check with your doctor too on what are the best/worst options.

Top Bottom