Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Speed Squats, deloading phase, 5-8-02

b fold the truth

Elite Strongman
Platinum
This is my next to last speed squat day before my contest so I have began the deloading phase. I really needed it today. Finals have been this week and I haven't had a lot of sleep...and when I get stressed I rarely ever eat. I did sleep in today, so I felt well rested but didn't get much to eat before I trained...lol.

Box Squats
275 + med bands x 2 x 5 sets

Pull Throughs
Med bands x 20 x 3 sets

Rev Hypers
BW + mini bands x 8 x 4 sets

Standing Calf Raises
BW x 20 x 3 sets

Very low volume and intensity today, my body probably needed it. The bands probably only added 150-200lbs to the movement which was a well needed break from the 400lb+ that I have been using for tension.

Sunday will be a heavy Goodmorning/Deadlift day and a light event day...and I MIGHT do a very light box squat day next Tuesday.

Have some pics and video links...

Doing my box squats...my form is horrible. It is always fun to stand up with them from a low position and then step back...lol.

I noticed that my head dropped at the bottom of every rep. I could also tell that my speed wasn't good today...I needed more rest and food by far...didn't feel strong when I was warming up.

I am sitting back farther though...this is good. Still need to sit back just a bit more...

Maybe this link will be good for a few hours...

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/cfe19b85/bc/275+Box+Squat+and+med+bands.MPG?bc_Ca28A2VjkFjpH

Here is a video link to me doing my pull throughs. I probably need to go a bit deeper, but you can get the general idea. Foot placement can make these feel totally different and I am sure that using a cable attachment instead of a band would be good.

If you have never done these...give them a try. You can work with a closer stance to hit the glutes and hams more or a wider stance to hit the groin area a lot more.

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/cfe19b85/bc/Pull+Throughs.MPG?bc_Ca28AlSiYQ6Rr

My Rev hyper set up. I added a mini band this week for added resistance. I loved it...

These really hit the lower back, hams, and glutes a lot. I highly suggest that anyone and everyone find a way to do these. They are good for strengthening your lower back as well as good therapy if you have a bad back. They often release the tension that I get from heavy event training...

You can see how I "rigged" this up. The mini band felt great and I will probably add another miniband in a few weeks...and make them a bit tighter around my ankles...

One more pic of my set up. My Power rack is a piece of junk...if you can't tell...lol

Video clip of me doing the rev hypers. I need a bit more tension at the bottom I think...will take care of that next week.

It is great how much a video can show you about your form. Technique and form can be the difference in a lot of things...strength, size, making an attempt in a meet, an injury or not, and if you are gonna grow where you want to...

I encourage you to tape your workouts to see your form...

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/cfe19b85/bc/Rev+Hypers+and+mini+band.MPG?bc_Ca28Adh7o7eV6

Enjoy...

B True

looks good.. pull throughs were very quick..

Im assuming your de-loading w/ the bands right? The bar looks so empty now :( . Nice work. If i had a vid. camera i'd video tape my workouts, but i dont have one

Yeah..my pullthroughs were probably just a slight bit quick...but with the medium bands...they pulled me pretty hard. I think that they will help me on my tire flipping. Flipping the tire, you have to lean fwd and use a lot of hip "pop" to get it over quickly.

It felt soooo much easier without all the band tension...I just felt horrible today:(

B True

Top Bottom