Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Speed OHP?

FatRat

When my bench was getting stuck off of my chest I added speed bench to my routine with great success.

I now have a similar problem with my military press, where I am failing at about mouth or nose height when pressing from my clavicles. Therefore I was wondering if speed pressing some OHP’s would help with this in that same way as it helped my bench? Anyone tried these?

One problem I foresee is powering the bar up from my clavicles, and smashing it into my chin or nose, so I thought about using dumbbells for this, but would I get the same carry over to Military press, and would these be too hard to control in an explosive speed press?

Thanks for any thoughts…

no need for db's........... tilt your head back and look up. no chin smashing there. i do these every week for the last 15 weeks. i love them. i normally do speed box squats for 10 sets of 2. then my next exercise is speed deadlift. for 4 sets of 1. on bench days i do speed bench for 10 sets of 3. next exercise is speed ohp. 4 x 1. it has helped me out greatly in strongman competitions where you have to press a given weight as many times possible in a time limit.

i hope this helps.

X

Top Bottom