Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sore or not?

nickstarving

[FONT=&quot]Maybe I’m a bit old school but I judge the quality of my workouts not only by the reps and weights but if I am sore the next day. In talks with others, it was said that being sore is no indication of muscle breakdown/growth. All I can say is that when I have a bear of a workout, I get sore. It never happens when I spend a Sunday on the couch watching the Eagles lose. I do notice that smaller muscle groups tend to be harder to get sore. Although I never gauge someone’s knowledge on their arm size, the information seems to mostly come from the cross-fit guys.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Does anyone have or know of any scientific studies on this topic? I’d even settle for some Bro-science if the consensus is the same across the board. Thanks for any input![/FONT]

Unless, I take a few days off, I don't really feel sore after a hard workout. I can feel exhaustion for days after, but not really sore.

soreness is one of the biggest bro science things we see talked about. i've heard all kinds of wrong theories, the funniest is 'its lactic acid bro!'

the truth is soreness is simply the body releasing inflammation as a survival mechanism. if your workouts are consistent and repetitive you likely will rarely feel sore. but if you change things up constantly where your body does not know what hit it and has no clue what to expect then you will notice soreness

If i took mobster and PON to my pyro class or my bikram class they would be sore head to toe the next day cause they are not used to it as they train for powerlifting, but if they stuck with it for a couple weeks they would no longer get sore since their body will adjust.

it is that simple

It will really depend what kind of workouts you're doing and how consistent you have been training. If you are coming back from a long layoff the body will be feeling sore that first week!

Agree with Steve soreness not necessary but it gages a variety in your workouts

Sent from my iPhone using EliteFitness

Top Bottom