Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sore L Back, routine change on heavy compounds?

BigBruiser

Hey guys ive been doing my own little version of 5x5 routine for about 4 months now, i occassionaly switch up the rep/set scheme to keep from overtraining however for the past month or so since my deads and squats continuously get heavier my lower back gets very sore and it seems like i have a pump 24/7.. At the moment i squat on tuesday and Deadlift on Friday however i feel its about time i changed something, any suggestions? I was thinking about possibly deadlifting every 2 weeks however i realize that its a very important lift when it comes to development, any thoughts on this/same problems?

BigBruiser said:
Hey guys ive been doing my own little version of 5x5 routine for about 4 months now, i occassionaly switch up the rep/set scheme to keep from overtraining however for the past month or so since my deads and squats continuously get heavier my lower back gets very sore and it seems like i have a pump 24/7.. At the moment i squat on tuesday and Deadlift on Friday however i feel its about time i changed something, any suggestions? I was thinking about possibly deadlifting every 2 weeks however i realize that its a very important lift when it comes to development, any thoughts on this/same problems?

I have this problem too. I thought when I tried the dual factor 5x5 that I would have more problems with my back but I did not! Somehow squating 3 times a week and deadlifting 1x per week acutally allowed it to heal more! I had more problems doing the typical bodybuilding routine. I think it may be due to such a high volume of repititions and all of the accessory work. That lower back gets hit in so many exercices. Not sure which 5x5 youre using and how much you changed it, but look at the volume you are doing.

maldorf said:
I have this problem too. I thought when I tried the dual factor 5x5 that I would have more problems with my back but I did not! Somehow squating 3 times a week and deadlifting 1x per week acutally allowed it to heal more! I had more problems doing the typical bodybuilding routine. I think it may be due to such a high volume of repititions and all of the accessory work. That lower back gets hit in so many exercices. Not sure which 5x5 youre using and how much you changed it, but look at the volume you are doing.
Right on. When following the program I don't have any soreness issues either.

Sounds like it may be your program you are doing. The 5x5 is built around squating 3 times a week, so maybe you should give that a whirl instead of your modified version.

Perp

Top Bottom