Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sore elbows need how much rest?

dbay

I have sore elbows from over training. The left one is the worse elbow and in certain positions it goes out or has sharp pain. I am 43yrs old and in the best shape of my life. I know that blowing my elbow would change all that. How long and to what extent do you usually take off and or change up when you feel elbow pain?

DBAY

I would definitely ice it down, my doc told me to do that after i train its been helping me a bit. If the pain doesnt go away after taking a break id go seek help from yours if i were you.

I've been through a rough year of cortisone withdraws which has drained a lot of my bones of calcium and I have a lot of arthritis. Mostly only in my fingers and hands now.

Because of my medical situation I'm not supposed to take any kind of anti-inflammatory (NSAIDs) either.

A few things helped me. Getting amazingly warmed up in every joint. At one point I couldn't really squat because the bar on my rear delts was too painfull and my wrists and fingers wouldn't turn to grip the bar. My hands still don't.

My elbows were tender to the touch for months and I got a pair of elbow sleeves from APT. They aren't thick like my Rehbands are but they are extra long (good for my monkey arms), size Large fits my arms (19" cold, easily), andthey really keep the heat in well. I always put Ben-Gay (generic works fine) on all joints before I warm-up even. Also started wearing my wrist wraps (also APT) to make sure that the pain wasn't being directed from my wrists.

A lot of it could be from your exercise selection or the % of your max that you are constantly pressing. Can you give us an idea on these?

Top Bottom