Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sore brachialis muscles

Alex Carter

hi
after doing arm curls I developed a chronic brachialis pain that stretches out to my thumb , some time I can even flex my elbow, I never expected this muscle to get overloaded from doing arm curls and it hurts most of the time even if I'm not at the gym, I have had it for two weeks already, and I haven't been able to work arms,do you think it'll disappear soon or should get checked out by the doctor?

Sounds like tendonitis to me. Tendinitis (also called tendonitis) is an inflammation or irritation of a tendon (a thick cord that attaches bone to muscle). Doing extra exercises with a muscle group that is already inflamed will probably make the tendonitis worse. Anytime you perform a weight bearing exercise, inflammation occurs. That's why you experience a pump.

The best natural supplement you can take to reduce inflammation is fish oil. Start supplementing with 6-10g per day. It'll reduce inflammation in your forearms and help reduce your tendonitis symptoms.

Also look into a good joint supplement that contains glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin. I personally use the supplement n2joint rx from n2bm.com

if you keep pounding away it will become chronic so i would STOP doing anything that bothers it. give it time to calm down. use some techniques to loosen the forearm muscles like heat therapy, gua sha, and graston technique. you can do all of these from home by googling. a gua sha kit can be bought off ebay for 20 bucks. a great investment.

these are similar to runners getting shin splints and are a complete overuse injury. also if you wear gloves, wraps, or straps during your lifts you need to stop as you are creating an imbalance. essentially it is the GRIPPING that is causing things to lock up on you so naturally the soft tissues will shorten as that is the bodies natural response. so learn some stretching exercises for your forearms as well to lengthen

This type of thing used to happen to me all the time. A lot of it has to do with lifting too heavy and pounding away at the smaller muscles. It will just take time to heal so don't lift with it again until you feel better.

This is either tendonitis or you could have pressed some nerve on your arm.

Do you feel stinging pain or numbness?

Top Bottom