Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Some Videos to Critique

Lumberg said:
DLs:

Good form on 135. Perfect even. With 195 you lean over too much. The bar should be scraping up your shins.

Squat:

I'm not even going to comment until you get rid of that pussy pad and grip the bar like a normal person.

i have a feeling i'll have to lose that pad soon. it's just so damn comfy. takes the focus off my shoulders and lets me concentrate on legs.

did all sets today with normal grip during squats. working on that one.

i'll watch for the lean over on the deads. thanks.

LOL Lumberg, pussy pad.
Be aware of where the bar sits without the pad. If it sits too high, your top vertebrae will be sore as fuck for days. I place my bar accross the base of my traps. This felt awkward at first but I got used to it after about two to three sessions. Now it feels natural, plus it helps keep my shoulders back.

more on the padless:

after squatting the bony protusion halway between my neck and my shoulder is often sore and/or bruised.

I found my need for the pad was drastically reduced when I started getting really good at shrugs (your traps become the pad).

crak, other than that you are doing well. try to take a shot from the side, or a 3/4 shot next time.

will do Lumberg.

i hear ya on the pain part. i do shrugs on a regular basis. i'll admit, i kinda took the "pussy" approach when i started lifting back in september and was using the pad. i was also using a belt for the first few months too. and gloves.

i dropped the gloves and belt at the same time. still working on the pad. i'm going to have to wean off of it.

what about a plastic one? they've got this piece that goes over the shoulders and has a groove for the bar. is that still a pansy move? ;)

crak600 said:
will do Lumberg.

i hear ya on the pain part. i do shrugs on a regular basis. i'll admit, i kinda took the "pussy" approach when i started lifting back in september and was using the pad. i was also using a belt for the first few months too. and gloves.

i dropped the gloves and belt at the same time. still working on the pad. i'm going to have to wean off of it.

what about a plastic one? they've got this piece that goes over the shoulders and has a groove for the bar. is that still a pansy move? ;)

You mean the manta ray? Yes that is also a pussy move unless you are using to do safety squats (where you don't use your arms to stabilize the bar, but actually grip something stationary).

I too used a wrapped up towel at first. Then I grew up. Now the occasional bruises on my shoulders are a badge of honor.

Be a man crakhed.

Lumberg, i'm not sure if you're comments are an attempt to openly bash me or just tough love. i'll assume the latter. :) if it's the former...stare long and hard at my avatar :evil:

i prefer doing shrugs with dbs instead of the bar. i roll my shoulders with shrugs though, not straight up and down. i've seen people do both. i can get more roll with the dbs and it feels more effective. yes, i hit 'em as heavy as i can handle.

i'll work on dropping the pad though. i'll drop to a towel for a little bit. that'll offer some padding, but not nearly as much, and i'll work to nothing. same thing with how some people have to wean off of a belt....loosen it up a notch week after week til it's gone.

crak600 said:
Lumberg, i'm not sure if you're comments are an attempt to openly bash me or just tough love. i'll assume the latter. :) if it's the former...stare long and hard at my avatar :evil:

i prefer doing shrugs with dbs instead of the bar. i roll my shoulders with shrugs though, not straight up and down. i've seen people do both. i can get more roll with the dbs and it feels more effective. yes, i hit 'em as heavy as i can handle.

i'll work on dropping the pad though. i'll drop to a towel for a little bit. that'll offer some padding, but not nearly as much, and i'll work to nothing. same thing with how some people have to wean off of a belt....loosen it up a notch week after week til it's gone.

tough love for sure. sorry if it comes across a little harsh. I laud your efforts. and I do shrugs with the Dbs too. One of my fave exercises.

Top Bottom