Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So very very sore...

artrius

I don't know why I'm like this, but whenever I do legs, I get sore as hell. Maybe its because I only recently (4-6 months ago) started doing legs consistently, but damn... I thought I'd be over the newness now (Yes, I admit, I used to be one of those who neglected legs; very foolish, I know).

I don't even really do what I would consider a lot, either. I just do two major quad exercises (ALWAYS squats and some form of leg press), 1 hamstring exersize (some form of leg curl), and 1 calf exersize (lately its the seated calf raise). I do six sets for each exersize, of which the first 1 or 2 sets are warmup sets.

My schedule is really jacked right now (having been transferred to another state and not having got into an apartment yet), but I usually do a good amount of cardio(30-40 minutes, 4-6 days per week).

I had been doing squats and then the machine horizontal leg press, but now that I've changed gyms, I can now do the regular leg press. That was 2 days ago, and I'm still paying for it. I made the mistake of doing 3 exersizes for quads a month or so ago and I was sore for 6 days, right up until the next leg workout.

I'm not complaining, just explaining. I'm not whining, I love it, actually ;)

Am I overtraining? This is the only bodypart of mine that does this to me. I'm guessing that my muscles are still adapting to the workload.

Does this happen to anyone else?

TrevMill said:
my legs are the only part of my body that get sore every single time I work them

I have no problem getting sore these days, on every body part. Upper back and legs seem the most stubborn to get sore though. If I were to cut my volume and intensity though, I definately wouldnt get any soreness. I always strive for that, even though theres no REAL proof that soreness builds strength or muscle size. Ive always used it to gauge effective workouts though.

Top Bottom