Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So my kid got 315 on the sled and flipped a 250lb tire.

I'll go with T-Block, at an early age you don't want him to associate training with you yelling at him. His mind is young and malleable. Good work though, your one less jackass raising their kid to be a useless adult.

Haha whats wrong with lighting up a bone after a solid training sesh? I'm getting green fever once I get out of school in a couple of weeks.

I'll go with T-Block, at an early age you don't want him to associate training with you yelling at him. His mind is young and malleable.

Believe me, I completely understand that philosophy. I would be adhereing to it too. But you have to understand the maturity level of my kid. Not only is he the size of a 13 yr old (turning 10 this month)his maturity and understanding is way way beyond his years. Me yelling at him is not in a hateful malicious way. Its in a motivational way. He understands that. I always make sure to remind him of that too. But when i do he just looks at me like i'm a moron and says Dad, we've been over this a million times. I know its not personal, its to get me amped up and motivated. He wouldnt have it any other way.
He's had culture shoved down his throat since he was a baby. He's definatley not a normal kid by any stretch.

But honestly i havn't needed to do much motivational bitching lately. He has really found a fire and a desire to train. Every day now is "what day is today? what are we doing today? when are we going to the gym?
With school ending in a couple weeks he's psyched to start "2 a days". 1 gym workout and 1 running or football based workout.

I try to explain how this all ties together from the gym to the field in a way that trys to motivate him.

Take the squat where you explode upwards while trying to drive your heels through the floor. Thats where exploding out of the exagerated DE 3pt stance comes in. Then the speed is where he has been sprinting on the treadmill at speeds he had no idea he could run at. Then the collision. I associated that with the bench press. As you collide with another person you use the extension type exploding BP motion to run over and demolish who you hit while never stopping the legs or speed. (unless ofcourse he needs to wrap up and tackle)
Sound like a reasonable tie in type explanation? The idea for him to keep in mind is the stronger he gets with these things the more intense the start, accelleration and force of collision will be.
I always get a big smile when i mention large scale collision and demolition.

Top Bottom