Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

So my kid got 315 on the sled and flipped a 250lb tire.

Only 4 weeks of school left then it frees up alot of his time. So I was trying to think of a split for him for summer. I wanted to get some of your opinions on this. I need to incorperate treadmill sprinting for him too. because he is so big for his age he runs a little akward (kinda hunched over and guarded). His biggest problem is just relaxing and letting loose. I have seen little bursts of "real" running so I know its in there.

Day 1: Bench press
Military press( cleans or just standing BB press)
dips (or seated dip machine)

***also some running

Day 2: Squats
stiff leg deads (real light here)

Day 3: Pull ups (wide or neutral grip)
Chins (close reverse grip)
Bent over rows (fairly light here too)

***running

Day 4: off

Day 5: deadlift (light weight to learn the movement)

Day 6: Tire work (sledgehammer, flipping)

Day 7: off

(***I'd like to put deads on back day or leg day but i dont wanna overload him)

Everything will be in a 3x10 format with reasonable weights. Nothing heavy.

a lot of teens suffer from low self esteem.. i think if they can find a niche in a sport or look good they will feel better about themselves. I saw a lot of kids get bullied in middle school for being fat, or not being good in a sport etc.

parents just don't get this, you would of thought they would remember being a teen... it freakin sucks.

every parent should make sure their kids are getting good nutrition and are active.

a lot of teens suffer from low self esteem.. i think if they can find a niche in a sport or look good they will feel better about themselves. I saw a lot of kids get bullied in middle school for being fat, or not being good in a sport etc.

parents just don't get this, you would of thought they would remember being a teen... it freakin sucks.

every parent should make sure their kids are getting good nutrition and are active.

Bingo! I wasnt bullied as a teen myself. But kids are the worst to eachother. I see alot of kids and the way they act and you can almost tell what it is that they are lacking at home. They are being ignored. or they dont have enough(or any) discipline, they arent tought nutrition (here eat this bag of chips if it shuts you up), some of todays parents are the worst ever with giving kids PSP's or food or whatever to occupy them so they can do whatever they want instead of dealing with their kids.
My kid loves 360. But he doesnt get to play unless he earns time by helping out at our new house, working out, ect ect...

yeah I am seeing this with my nephew.. he whines for mcdonalds or ice cream and his parents just give it to him to shut him up.

if i ever have kids no ice cream allowed sorry, no mcdonalds sorry, and if i catch a relative giving them sweets they will get an earful from me. i think once they get hooked on that crap that its hopeless

yeah I am seeing this with my nephew.. he whines for mcdonalds or ice cream and his parents just give it to him to shut him up.

if i ever have kids no ice cream allowed sorry, no mcdonalds sorry, and if i catch a relative giving them sweets they will get an earful from me. i think once they get hooked on that crap that its hopeless

LOL....slow down :biggrin: ....kids have to get ice cream bro. They will resent you as an adult if you keep it from them. The key is...after dinner a couple times a week or on a few hot summer days is fine. Theres also fat free frozen yogurt too. But being able to go scoop a huge bowl whenever they want is a no no. A few handfuls of chips is ok sometimes. They are kids. Its up to us to teach them moderation and self control.
My kids loves ice cream and candy bars and shit but its all about moderation. As rewards or special treats once in a while. Not every time they walk into the kitchen or a store.
I agree with mcdonalds. I screamed at my parents when he was 3 or 4 and they took him to mcdonalds for a .....gag.....hamburger. They looked at me like I had two fucking heads and couldnt understand. If i were to take him to mcdonalds (which i dont) I'de at least get him the real chicken they have. Not those disgusting soy burgers or rat meat nuggets.
He wont even eat hot dogs unless unless they are the real expensive all natural 100% beef ones. Not that we are hot dog eaters cause we arent. But about twice a summer i dont mind a grilled dog or two. Another thing is that god awful box macaroni and cheese....eckkk. He wont go near it cause he thinks its clogged arteries in a box lol.

I had to have multiple talks with my mother about keeping real food in her house or i would stop letting my kid come over. Not this goddamn frozen this and boxed that. Ewww. Now adays my kid sees those frozen chicken nuggets or whatever and goes ewwww gross.
He went to my mothers house last year and she tried to (again knowing she'd get screamed at) feed him frozen food. he made her take him to the store to get fresh (real) chicken and stuff for a salad!!!! She said whats wrong with this stuff? He said " do you want me to call my father?"

The other thing I love thats all the rage....a kid has alot of energy or is seriously lacking discipline from its parents so he or she automatically gets ADHD meds now adays. When usually all the kid needs is a swift kick in the ass. But no...we wouldnt wanna hurt their feelings.

This is all great but be careful. It could be one of those things where he has great genetic potential but since his dad started him on it he hates it. I pretty much said fuck anything my dad had me do haha a kid has got to find his own way in life. Does he like lifting and such?

This is all great but be careful. It could be one of those things where he has great genetic potential but since his dad started him on it he hates it. I pretty much said fuck anything my dad had me do haha a kid has got to find his own way in life. Does he like lifting and such?

No, he'll be fine. Its a lifestyle I want him into. It will keep him away from the smoker and pot head kids in highschool. I got in that crowd and regret it.
But this last week he has learned how to squat, dead, and BB bench press (properly!)
Sunday night was bench press and I have him on the smith to cause it makes it a little easier for him to grasp. After a half hour of me bitching at him about not grasping the form (i get a little drill sgt like) he found it. When he started his first "work" set he got to about 3 reps and it started to get hard for him....then something happened.....he found that fire, flipped that switch and i could see his eyes and attitude change....he got pissed, kept good form and pounded out 10 more perfect reps. He sat up and i said dude...where the fuck did that come from.....!!!!.. He was smiling from ear to ear. He has finally found a variation of the "switch" that needs to get flipped. I wanted to cry:rainbow:
He did flat BB, seated military and seated dips. All with that same fire.

Top Bottom