Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

snacks before bedtime???

a123slonky

I try not to eat anything a few hours before i hit the sack but, i do get those hunger pains and sometimes cant sleep because of them. What do you guys suggest for a snack that wont add the pounds. Thanks in advance!

If you’re eating late at night you want to avoid carbs, particularly if you’re worried about adding body fat.

However, during the night is when your muscles are recovering and hopefully growing. Therefore, this is a vital time to have amino acids in your system in order to facilitate this. If your not eating for a few hours before you go to sleep, then overnight, you don’t consume anything for maybe 8 hours, your body is going to be seriously catabolic. I always have a protein shake before bed, and if I’m trying to add bodyweight, I might have one if I wake during the night.

good call fat rat. cant go wrong with a protien shake before bed. as a rule of thumb, i never let my body get hungry. we're all active so our bodies need food. if you're hungry, your body is telling you it needs something to use..... like fuel. i'll even down a chicken breast before bed sometimes.

hell, if you arent going over your maintenance calories....eat. why is this such a tough concept for people. fuck carbs, proteins, fats.....just eat. you have to figure, you are going to be NOT EATING for the next 8 hours.

They are discussing this one on the diet board. What we came up w/ was a shake w/ a mixture of whey, cassienate protein, and a fat like peanut butter or flax oil. This will keep you anticatabolic, while not giving you tomany calories.

Bro I would definitely say something high protein (preferably casein due its slow absorption rate), very low-carb, and low/moderate fat. If you are a hard-gainer a big glass of skim milk would be good. A casein protein shake would be my choice though...

By the way this is the Training Board not the Diet Board..
:D:D

down some tuna or a shake as the guys above said,if your dieting take a few spoonfuls of pb to calms the hungur pains to get urself to sleep,works for me but i dont diet often,its up to you

Top Bottom