Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Smolov Squat Cycle

my only other thing to say on Smolov is:

the number people who mis read the template of of whether it is setsx reps or repsx sets. just check it out.

day1 after the intro is 4sets of 9reps this really takes the wind out of guys who are 5 rep squatters. Pavel I believe said you could change that to nine sets of four or six of six reps.keeping workload the same but killing yourself on day one.

best of luck. be cautious on your other workload for other exercises. should really try to just maintain.

Guinness5.0 said:
So how much are you squatting these days?

I squat Olympic style and all the way down, the last time I pushed back squats was the end of December and I tripled 505 in just a belt. My more recent best set of 5 is 450, I am definitely going to do the intro phase though because I think it will help a lot since I've really only been working my front squats hard right now. I'd love to end up in the low-600's, I never was a natural back squatter, but I train them harder than any other lift and they are my favorite lift, so if I could Olympic Squat 600 ATF in nothing but a belt, I'd feel a big accomplishment because I generally always gave them the most attention and was always sort of 'in awe' of back squatting, moreso than anything else that came easier for me from day 1.

Yeah, Numani, those crazy Communists reverse the sets and reps. I am going to follow as is with the 9 reppers, I always have done one or two backoff sets of 8-12 reps after lower rep squatting anyway, plus I think the 9's would be important from a conditioning standpoint right from the beginning.

For the other stuff, I am not going to push anything, I'd be power cleaning or power snatching after squats, so I probably couldn't push them even if I wanted to.....I will do them probably around 75-80% for doubles all the way through, I'll probably be a little more reckless with the jump shrugs or clean/snatch pulls, but nothing crazy. Pressing and lat work never really contributed to systemic fatique for me, so I ill just use common sense with them, and arm work for me isn't ever anything other than 4 sets of curls once a week at most, plus the Tate Presses and Dips.

I am gonna do a gallon of skim milk a day....Vitamin-C is mega doses, a Multi once a day, and just Whey, but not regularly, I throw it in a shake if I am in a hurry sometimes. Thats it for supplements. I am going to stay clean too in terms of gear, I think the Russian program gets dismissed by a lot of people as being unrealistic because the Soviets had a reputation (and it was rightfully so) of being big-time juicers. I just want to try and prove a point that this type of training is just as useful without drugs for the right trainee, with enough background, with enough calories, when managed properly.

Last edited:
Good stuff, I always wondered if it was 3 days in a row or M-W-F as well. Plus if there was any other lifting besides squatting.

I'll be following this log as well. Like I said to AI, you've given a ton of good advice here so it'll be cool to see you in action.

Numani said:
day1 after the intro is 4sets of 9reps this really takes the wind out of guys who are 5 rep squatters.

You got that right, I feel knackered already just reading that.

Top Bottom