Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

The small legs syndrome

Mtlmuscle

:mad: LEGS ARE LIKE HEIGHT, YOU ARE BORN WITH IT AND CAN`T DO A DAMM THING ABOUT IT

Now that I have complained let me elaborate. But first the question if you guys don’t want to read the official complaint and facts thing below.

Q: Anyone here successfully managed to increase their never-ever-doomed-from-birth legs? And I really hope to get a true personal success story from someone who almost gave up after 10 years and discovered the secret recipe?

15 years of bodybuilding, now 36 and I just want to cry. I have the same leg size as when I started 15 years ago. I am 5 11, 192 pounds with a wonderful 19 inches for my legs. Genetics: if you go to this link http://www.juara.com/sigs/bodybuilding2/planner/goals.shtml, you will be able to have an idea of your “genetic potential” So, this thing predicts that I should at least have 24 inches legs and that’s a very conservative estimate. WELL NOT!

I have done it all: had personal trainers, did squats heavy, light, high reps and low reps, did leg training one day a week and 3 days a week. I have put 15 years of focus on my legs, read everything, always feeling that I was the idiot who did not know how to train, how to lift, even done steroids (real ones prescribed by a doc and taken directly from the pharmacist). But, at the same time, noticing all these guys training in all these gyms, and more importantly, from looking at those teenagers coming to our emergency room (hospital owrker) and how “IF YOU WANT BIG LEGS, YOU HAVE TO HAVE BEEN BORN WITH THEM” is so true. I have worked with trisomic kids that never ever work out because of their mental state and yet, 2 of them had big legs, no joke. I have seen so often the 5’6” guys come into the gym and have bigger legs than I after 6 months. And all the guys with big legs are convinced it is because of their workout and discipline: if workouts and food was the answer, I would have 33 inches legs by now.
More importantly, (I am an epidemiologist so numbers are my things) I can safely say that on any given day at my gym, only 1 guy out of 30 has those big legs, not even huge, just muscular legs while all the other guys have none. The worst anyone can do is ask for advice from the huge legs guys, it’s like the 5’6” guy asking the 6’2” guy tricks to gain height?
If I could only gain one inch once in my life. Problem is that from all the readings I have done, there seem to be guys out there who did exactly that. I am sure it is some strange thing like only doing leg raises every day of the weeks for an hour. Some totally new thing cause all the other stuff has not worked.
To all you big leg guys out there, be happy, very happy.
Tanks
Glenn

i know the problem man..im 6'2..and its all legs..i cant add size there no matter what i do. squats are akward because of my height..and all the other exercises doesnt seem to do shit..but i keep trying

I still don't see why SO MANY people want size on their legs.

Having large muscular legs does not seem very practical for me, perhaps for rugby or grid iron players, but not for the average person. And certainly not if you are doing stand-up fighting.

hardgainer (fast legs)

I'm in the same boat. I have a pretty wide upperbody, but my legs are very skinny. God, I was hoping I could change that.

Also, the link you gave didn't work.

Hardgainer, you are wrong about legs not doing anything for stand-up fighting. I don't remember the breakdown completely but something like %50 of your power comes from your legs when throwing a punch (when done properly). Legs are also very important for balance.

My legs suck too, I've only been training them consistantly for about 18 months, but they aren't comeing along like the rest of my body. Lately though, I've been starting with leg press instead of squat for high volume and realy, REALY trying to feel the contraction and am starting to see the results. I think I just havn't learned to flex them good enough during exercise - but am learning.

damn right u need ur legs for fighting...

when i started boxing - we were taught the main force of the upper-cut is to come from the legs not from the shoulders...

but can't really bulk up the legs - b/c indoing that u gain weight so then u'd have to compete against a higher weight class...

I try to do long extensive workouts for legs for strength and endurance.... try to keep the size to a moderate amount.

Drifter:

I disagree, yes, punching power does come out of your hips, but not your legs. Furthermore punching speed requires power in your tris and forearms, not your legs.

Check out this skinny guy below, skinny arms and legs and punching power to knock you out of your socks.

hardgainer (kiai)

The late, great Bruce Lee

Top Bottom