Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Small chest big bench

pman

Heya guys I'm fairly frustrated and pissed about my chest size and hoping for a little bit of help here.

I do a mix of 5x5, 2x6 (with the idea of getting up to 4x6), and 8x3's. That is my usual workouts and I change every month to go from one thing to another, the only ones I stay on a bit longer is the 2x6 because my str has to go up before I change it up.

Now I am a 200lb 14%ish bf guy with 17.5 inch arms and a 33 waist. Now whats messed up is I only have a damn 42 inch chest. Considering that I bench 220 for 8 reps, I would imagine my chest should be alot bigger then it is.

My basic chest routine:
Bench
incline bench
incline barbell

when I do 8x3 I do
Incline bench
incline barbell
cable crossovers (laying down on a bench)

Any ideas why my fuggin chest isn't responding in size?? the str is going up just fine but the size just will not friggin budge. Whats aggrivating is back when I used to workout (before a 2 year break) my best asset was my chest.....

thanks

Just bumping this.
I am getting some gains doing dbs press, flat and incline, flyes and crossovers. Benching is groovy but I have reed many times here that is not the best exercise to develop bigger chest, is a very complete exercise though.

Anyway, lets hear the big guys, surely they will give you good advices.

Bump..ive heard Incline is the best from a few....i throw declines in to at the end ...seeing decent results

Flat bench is not the best exercise for pecs....good for tris and front delts..yes

Try to prioritize inclines and dips and see what happens.

pman said:
Heya guys I'm fairly frustrated and pissed about my chest size and hoping for a little bit of help here.

I do a mix of 5x5, 2x6 (with the idea of getting up to 4x6), and 8x3's. That is my usual workouts and I change every month to go from one thing to another, the only ones I stay on a bit longer is the 2x6 because my str has to go up before I change it up.

Now I am a 200lb 14%ish bf guy with 17.5 inch arms and a 33 waist. Now whats messed up is I only have a damn 42 inch chest. Considering that I bench 220 for 8 reps, I would imagine my chest should be alot bigger then it is.

My basic chest routine:
Bench
incline bench
incline barbell : Do incline barbell or dbs, not both on same day.

when I do 8x3 I do
Incline bench: BARBELL or DBs
incline barbell: FLAT BARBELL
cable crossovers (laying down on a bench) CAN DO STANDING TOO

I like 3 sets of 10 reps at the same weight a lot. I gained several inches from that.

problem with dips is that too many people do them improperly and dont hit their pecs like they should.

cwick0 said:
problem with dips is that too many people do them improperly and dont hit their pecs like they should.

You mean not leaning forward...too little ROM?

I tried to do dips again recently but I have a nagging pain in the sternal area when doing them....

Top Bottom