Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Slight problem.

scottlewis

Well, my right arm is bigger and stronger than my left, and my left peck is bigger and stronger than my right, more so the inner peck.. These are both noticeable and it's really annoying me. If I try to work out my right peck only, my right arm gets bigger than the left even more so. I work out at home with whatever I can find, just wondering if there are any good workouts to target my right inner peck only or will this equal out with time as I build muscle?

how much muscle have you actually gained since starting working out?...
i would say dont use dumbells (hold on now...) because using a bar will force your arms to stay in line with eachother...
pay very close attention to form and think through your reps, you need to feel the muscles work in the same areas on both sides... this will take some good mind-muscle connection, but also be certain that when you set up for excersises like bench, you are not just flopping down on the bench and whipping out reps (not saying you are, but i see this waaaay too often)... but make sure to tuck (or flare) both elbows, watch your feet are planted evenly etc etc...
i would say this would correct itself over time, given you havent already gained a ton of size...
i would hold off on the dumbells, as they will be more difficult to keep exactly on the same plane of motion... and if you really just have to isolate that inner chest, i suppose you could do db flies with one arm...

Thanks Moya! Im not in any way huge, but it's noticable I work out. Just annoyed because the left side has filled out with some inner definition giving me half a cleavage haha. Il keep an eye on my form and make sure im symetrical. Il also have to invest in a bar as I only do body weight workouts and dumbbells...

eh everyone is different and our bodies arent perfectly symmetrical. Thats what I have learned. I think the stronger you get and more you work out, the better it will get. Thats what i have found anyway

i had this problem and i corrected it with dumbbell benching. me left was smaller and weaker so i did 1 arm presses, going to failure on my left, and then only matching it on my right. use the same technique for your smaller arm as well. if you were in the gym i would do what moya told you, but since you only have dumbbells, this should work fine

Slight problem, what's an inner peck? Anyway just to clear things up, there is no such thing as isolating parts of a muscle fiber.

some exercises will effect one part or your chest alot more than others. my inner chest explodes from close grip and underhand benching

There is no such thing as training the inner chest. Period. You can emphasize the clavicular portion of the pectoralis major with inclines and the sternal portion with decline. Underneath the pec major is the minor which is closer to the armpit. Try flexing the inner portion of your pecs without flexing the outer, you won't be able to.

I've had this type of thing happen and it was related to nerve impingement. Do you ever wake up with numb hands or fingers? If you think it may be a nerve, check youtube for torso and neck stretching routines. Also, +1 that you cannot isolate inner pec. Research "motor units" to find out why.

Top Bottom