Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sled dragging

endpoint

a couple of months ago i swapped from a bodybuilding style workout to a powerlifting style work out.
I have only been training with weights for just over a year.........is it too EARLY to incorporate sled dragging and other G.P.P activities?

Does anyone know of any sites on the internet that has plans to build your own sleds?
I have found some for "power racks" and plan to build one for home. but i was also thinking of building a sled as well.

Goto www.elitefitnesssystems.com for workout info.

As far as making a sled -- it's real easy as long as you can weld. you just need a flat plate of steel -- probably 2ft by 3ft -- 1/2 inch thick. now weld a steel pole inthe center to put your 45ld plates on it. You will also need to weld a lip on the fron as well as 2 eyehole on the lip so you can tie a rope to it. Or you can do it the easy way -- here's alink -- there's a guy on his board who makes sleds, he'll ups it to you and you'll have it in about 1 week. It will cost about 70 bucks. That's where I got mine. It was well worth the money.

http://www.deepsquatter.com/forum/bbs/messages/1943.html

You will ahev to send him the oney first -- btu he's cool and won't fuck you. Tell him Jay Mac sent you.

yeah...start using the sled as soon as you can. Mine isn't great...lots and lots of friction...very hard. I still use it though. Maybe get a harness and try pulling your car or truck uphill...now that's fun.

B True

Thanks 1-dawg.

The reason i wanted to make it was because i live in australia.

I figure making the sled will cost as much as the postage to australia. (without the sled included!)

My best friend is a welding fiend. hes gonna help me out.

Im gonna try and find some where that sells them down here. I live in a bad part of australia for this sport......i took me a couple of days to hunt down some other equiptment

Thanks for the replys

My first sled was simple and cheap. A wooden pallett, a rope, and some wt. on top. Cost $0. Now we have a nice metal welded plate...and it's not much different. Force is force, just put less wt. on a shitty sled, or more wt. on a good sled.

This is what I did to make my first sled:

I got an old tire, put a pieve of plywood in the bottom, then just loaded the weight inside the tire, tied it off to my belt and dragged the sucker. The friction is ridiculous, and the heat in Floirda will kill you in the summer so I had my kids hose down the sidewalk while I was dragging.

Top Bottom