Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sled Dimensions

growin'

Any body know how big the sleds are that elite fitness sells. Length width etc. What happened to the guy that used to sell his own on here. I can't seem to find any back posts of his.

Thanks

i can remember a post ages ago (or article) that said you can do a home made job of a sled by using an old car/truck tire ! add extra resistance with bricks or somesuch inside the tire and away you go. They joked about the added fun of being able to 'roll' the tire to whereever you were going to train, and rolling it home again.

Its bad enough taking big elastic bands and chains to the gym, but old car tires i think might really make people think im insane.

I made a sled out of a piece of 1/4 inch steel, that was about 18 inches wide and 24 inches long. I welded some re-bar in the center for a post to hold the weights, and welded a handle on to the front to run some nylon webbing through to pull it with.

It works just fine, but it makes a horrible racket when pulled on asphalt. There is no where in my neighborhood to pull it, so I end up taking it to parks and playgrounds and pulling it there. People think I am out of my mind when I do that. But that is OK, they are probably right.

B.

yup, don't want to forget the tire when you go to the gym HEHE. I think I'll take mine to a park. I've heard people say you should drag it on an even surface like concrete, but that seems like it would wear it out really fast.

The sleds are only about and inch wider than a 45 lb plate whatever that is and has a raised lip in front.
I have put an old piece of carpet or a carpet door mat under mine and hold it in place woth big clamps to cut the noise . It makes it harder to pull because of the added resistance of carpet but thats ok.

Cool thanks Grimmer. I have an old roommate who is a welder, and he said he will whip one up for me. The carpet is a good idea. GPP here I come!

should a sled drag be a long strided walk or do you try to sprint?? what would be a sample workout??

I think i might just get a wheel barrow and fill it with sand so it weighs a ton and than haul it up and down my street for fun of course.

It should be a walk with almost straight legs. A frankenstein walk as they say. You don't have to hold your arms out in front you though.

Grimmer, you are my hero. I have been lax in pulling my sled, because the noise on my asphalt street makes my neighbors want to shoot me. I will try out the carpet idea.

Genius.

B

Top Bottom