Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Skullcrushers with dumbells?

patro

As my small gym doesn't have any barbells, could dumbells substitute for a barbell when doing skullcrushers? I guess with dumbells I could lose some control if the weight were too heavy, especially since I think my left arm is slightly weaker than my right.

What do you guys think?

Oh, yeah. Same question for upright rows...?

Thanks.

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

[This message has been edited by patro (edited April 23, 2001).]

Dumbbells are fine to use! I would suggest that you buy a bar as well because you can do allot more weight with a bar. But dumbbells are excellent because it forces your arms to work independently so you can't cheat the bar up if one arm is stronger than the other. Same principle with upright rows. I personally switch off so each side is basically equally as strong.

------------------
The more you know, the more you grow!

http://www.xtreme-forums.com

Yeah, we really don't have any barbells. But if I buy a bar, that means I have to buy weights, and damn, I'm not going to carry those around...If I did that, I wouldn't have to go to the gym. haha

Last night I tried the skullcrushers with dumbells, and it was cool. I just felt like I was going to give myself a black eye with one of them if I didn't slow things down...But I think it's quite a bit harder without a bar because with heavy weight the dumbells could flail all around.

-Patro

------------------
EVERYBODY HAS THEIR OWN AGENDA

Top Bottom