Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Skinny-Fat? Good article by Kelly Baggett

I'm curious what anyone else thinks about this? I seem to qualify for that precise body-type - not just physically but even in the way of nervousness, worrying/dwelling on problems/etc. during the day, long time to fall asleep etc.. that has to add up to some catabolism throughout the day.

Thing is, I've been training quite seriously for 8 months now, and recently noticed I was gaining fat (indicating I was eating enough) but not putting on much muscle, if any. Also noticed build-up of visceral fat (belly) during that period which apparently is usually indicative of lack of exercise/aerobic activity and insulin insensitivity...?

Good article,I can relate to some of the points in there.I can put on strength/muscle at a reasonable pace but I have a hell of a time with the bodyfat that comes with it.That is why I am trying to get down to 11-12% bodyfat before I bulk again to hopefully have better insulin sensitivity/nutrient partitioning.I would rather be plain skinny then skinny/fat,it truely is a pain in the ass to get anywhere with this bodytype.

Protobuilder said:
Good write-up of something that's not touched on very often: the skinny-fat ecto. You know, the scrawny, weak white boy (and hispanics too apparently, LoL) who is "skinny" but not lean.

This is part I, don't know when Part II will show up.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/mindandmuscle/magpage.php?artID=48&pageNum=1

Thus, while a bench press may work fine for a mesomorph, the ectomorph will often find flyes develop their chest more effectively and so forth

Didn't you say you hated benching? ;)

LoL Yes, yes, I did say that. I didn't want to openly admit it, but its highly probable I fit the profile in Kelly's article--thin, light, long bones, little natural muscle/strength, little explosive/fast twitch ability, difficulty in adding strength, hormonal profile of a 50 y.o. woman, etc.

lol @ hormonal profile of 50yr old woman.

We're not going to see a thread from you titled 'Critique my cable cross-over'.

Are we? :goof:

Top Bottom