Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

six pack abs vs. big size dude

abs. vs size

• six pack

Votes: 263 50.6%
  • big dude

Votes: 256 49.2%

• Total voters
I wish I could decide wich one I'd rather be!! Seems like every other month I change my routine and diet from bulking to leaning and back to maintenance.

What I really need is to pick some goals and stick with them.

skacorica said:
having been on both sides (currently 6'1 230ish) I preferred my 190 lbs with six pack but weaker/smaller. Im not fat by any means now, but playing sports was much easier when I was lighter. Course the goal is 215 with a sixer :)

funny, im 6'2" 230 and 215 is the size i wanted to get to with abs. I can get down to 215 but i still am not ripped enough to get the full 6 pack. i probably have to drop to 205 to show all abs, and that just to small for me..

BigboyAl said:
funny, im 6'2" 230 and 215 is the size i wanted to get to with abs. I can get down to 215 but i still am not ripped enough to get the full 6 pack. i probably have to drop to 205 to show all abs, and that just to small for me..

Bulking up has never been a problem. Gaining size using 3-5 sets of 10 reps was the easy part. Getting that hard lean look while maintaining the size was always elusive. So hired a personal trainer for legs and back only. The trainer had me doing one body part per day (Legs or back), 22-27 sets per body part, using as HEAVY a weight as I could, to pump out high reps 20-25. VERY Intense workouts, with clean eating got me down from 180lbs 17-18% to 174 lbs 11-12%. cardio 4-6 days a week, 44 in chest--15.5 arms-3 months all natural. It was a hell of a lot of work, ha! age 44. One thing I learned, eating CLEAN is KEY. If i new how I'd post before and after pics. It was quite the transformation. Don't even know if I can post, I only have the the basic membership. "You Will Be What You WILL To Be"

Im 6'1 225 and abs are coming in. Its not about size. Just low body fat and hard work.

I'd rather be lean. I feel better when I am leaner, and everyday tasks are easier. It might be nice to bench 500+ or squat half a ton, but I know guys like that who cant run 3 miles in under 25 minutes or do more than 14 pull ups. They are carrying too much extra weight for me to cinsider it healthy.
Plus nutritional needs are much lower at 170lbs than at 270lbs.

That and I just like being hard. I like that my body shapes my clothes, not the otherway around.

easy to spot the naturally skinny dudes from the guys with bigger doner DNA here.... :FRlol:

rnch said:
easy to spot the naturally skinny dudes from the guys with bigger doner DNA here.... :FRlol:

lolololololol

I'm naturally skinny, weigh near 290, can squat well above 800, have recently deadlifted a completely raw 750, have overhead log pressed 341 (close with 352), and can do mid teens on chins, can run pretty well (although I prefer not to, have ran the 400M in 57 sec at near 290 lbs), and look pretty decent in clothes.

My life was easier to maintain at 170 than at 270. I practically didn't even have to eat, sleep, or train to be 170.

Top Bottom