Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

six pack abs vs. big size dude

abs. vs size

• six pack

Votes: 263 50.6%
  • big dude

Votes: 256 49.2%

• Total voters
PrimordialMan1 said:
I agree with rnch. shoulders, pecs, and arms are more important than a six-pac. Functional core training can be very important for athletes. Fitness levels can be different according to what you are trying to accomplish. The idea of being able to muscle out max weight sets on multiple different exercises, or run a marathon, are both fine. But neither of those guys could compete on a rugby field. The guy weighing 300lbs probably wouldn't be able to catch me, and the skinny ass runner would get knocked on his ass when he tried to tackle. The big boy would do great in a scrum though, we have had a couple of those who can dominate at close range. This issue just comes down to what "you" want out of your workouts. I have to be big enough to tackle any size guy on a pitch, fast enough to run around or through people, have enough stamina to play for 80 minutes, and look good enough to get laid.

Im from a similar mindset. All I realy care about is athletics. I am fast ennough and strong enough to play football, and it just happens that I look rather good too because of the requirements of football.

any natural lifter with a 6 pack is about as skinny and weak as they come.. they look like somethings not right.. you just cant be nautraly huge and have a six pack.. but with roids yo ucan be big with a six pack...i got big dude... i look better with a little gut and swollen.. i lose lots of muscle triming down to show abs..

I'm more of the big dude/six pack type hybrid. I can't ever get my BF that low. Even if I did, I won't ever have a six pack unless I get some plastic surgery. I used to be really, really fat years ago and still have some of that terrible loser skin that goes along with large weight loss. However, I train my abs heavy like any other body part. I can see my top 4 abs pretty well and they look pretty good. I think its a result of really hitting my abs with heavy weights, but I guess I really don't know. I'm satisfied with that at 260. My perfect body would be about 275 with the same type of look I have now.

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE a six pack but I've accepted I just don't have the discipline to get to some really low BF percentage. I'd rather not lose any size either, because I love being bigger more than anything.

I am 5-10 and 191 and no longer have a six pack, it's more of a four pack when the lighting is right. When I was 170, I was shredded. Now I feel alot stronger and better about myself. I don't know why people say when you gain weight you are slower? I don't understand. I am more explosive than I ever was. I run the 40 .05 faster than I did when I weighed 165. As for long distance, not so much. Explosive, yes.

I'd def go for being the big guy, even though I'll never be that guy due to my genetics. If I was smart I'd just cut down and look nice for chicks, but fuck it

Well I would rather be big then have a 6pack, right now I am 6'5", 182lbs. I'm just trying to build alot of muscle and since I have a pretty light frame I think even 20lbs would make a big difference, I'm 18 now but when I was 16 I was 6"4' 165lbs and I look way bigger then I did then so I think 25lbs would make a pretty big difference as well.

Anyways for me Stronger>Sixpack although if the sixpack comes naturally I won't complain, don't have any expectations of that though.

Last edited:
Without abs yo would not be able to stand up. Not sure what 'functional' means in your book. But I'd rank standing up as being pretty important.

If benching is 'functional' strength, then core is important. Intercostals, serratus, tva. all important for benching.

I play tons of basketball and some soccer, so I rather have a 6 pack, I'm not sure what big size dude means, but I don't want to be 300 lbs, since I'm only 5'10.

A man can have excellent core strength and not have exposed abs.
A man can have exposed abs and a weak core

Singleton said:
Without abs yo would not be able to stand up. Not sure what 'functional' means in your book. But I'd rank standing up as being pretty important.

If benching is 'functional' strength, then core is important. Intercostals, serratus, tva. all important for benching.

Top Bottom