Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

are situps really a good ab workout?

chicagodogrow

how many situps is sufficient for 1 day? there are so many abdominal products out there, that it make u doubt old fashioned sit ups & cruches. any1 wit great abs, reply to this pleez.
-Late

i remember when i was 16, i was doing 1000 situps a day. different situps exercises, but it totaled 1000 reps a day. i got strong ass abs. but you couldnt see em at all. remember that doing situps alone wont give you no visible abs. you need to hit the cardio and get your diet straight to do that.

I don't do direct ab work.

Deads/squats/pull ups all do them nicely.

Like muscle said - bf% dictates your abdominal definition.

If you want to do abs then once a week is sufficient.

100 Crunches and 50 Reverse Crunches a day.
50 per, side side crunches

Leg raises do more for Hip flexor's than Abs...

The_RAIDER said:
100 Crunches and 50 Reverse Crunches a day.
50 per, side side crunches

Leg raises do more for Hip flexor's than Abs...

I've found that hanging leg raises work the best - with reverse (decline) situps following that.

You won't have a ripped back unless you have low bodyfat. Does that mean you need to train your back in a special way? The abs aren't magic muscles.

Keep the reps low, use weight, train them 1-2 times a week. They'll be strong and they'll look great when you lower the bodyfat.

In regard to situps, they aren't as great as one would think for the abs. Crunches are better. The one of the major points of the abdominal muscles contracting is to shorten the distance between the hips and the bottom of one's ribcage. Half of the situp does this, the other half just "sits up." Which half of the situp does this? You guessed it - the "crunch" half.

Do crunches instead.

-Warik

sit ups are good over all exercise for the abs,but you gotta throw in other things like weighted decline crunches,leg raises,frog kicks,shit there's all kinds to keep variety up.gotta have the bodyfat low to see em'...

Top Bottom