Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

sitting still burns a higher rate of fat than any type of cardio t or f

Yes, but fat is burned in later replenishment of glycogen. Like usual, it all boils down to calories. True low intensity cardio uses a higher percentage of fat as fuel, but with high intensity stuff you burn more total fat, as well as much much more total calories.

Technically if you eat it at a slugs pace...u won't negate it b/c calories are still calories...but if your calories in...equals your calories used....then at least you won' get fat from it. Albeit, you would have to eat that burger for a long time.

casualbb said:
Yes, but fat is burned in later replenishment of glycogen. Like usual, it all boils down to calories. True low intensity cardio uses a higher percentage of fat as fuel, but with high intensity stuff you burn more total fat, as well as much much more total calories.

but with high intensity cardio many may dip into overtraining because it is so intense on the cns morso than anyother activity, which means muscle loss.

it seems the most beneficial from a weightloss standpoint to not do any cardio at all. because there is nothing that will be overtaxing the cns except weightlifting. Especially if one trains HIT or low volume it should be even more productive in maintaining mass while dieting.

it is true that it is also about calories in vs calories out.

but when dropping calories only without having anything like cardio to bring down muscle mass by taxing the cns and burning up protien, the body will not be engaging in any catabolic activities which is crucial when dieting., it would be best to rest as much as possible, lift weights, cut calories and or cycle calories and do as little as possible to "burn out" the muscles and the nervous system. Also stay away from stimulants even though they give you energy they tax the body and when the stimulants wear off the body basically goes in reverse to have an equalibrium to counter act all the "up time" from the stimulants

forty-six & 2 said:
so if i eat a Big Mac REALLY slow, will it's caloric value be negated?

i hope your not serious. but i dont know you, and i will assume that you are.....BUT do this, try eating a chicken sandwich and a milkshake at the same time really slow for optimal results

I agree with this to a certain point, when getting ready for the show, most of my bf dropped was without cardio. But you cannot get into contest shape without some cardio; otherwise you would pretty much have to starve yourself to get that lean

needsize said:
I agree with this to a certain point, when getting ready for the show, most of my bf dropped was without cardio. But you cannot get into contest shape without some cardio; otherwise you would pretty much have to starve yourself to get that lean

i think some people get the illusion that cardio brings out more cuts especially in their legs. but i feel this is just an illusion. most bodybuilders never take the time to develop their hip flexors wich is the final peice of the puzzle to building nice quads. they basically develop this muscle when doing cardio giving the illusion of more cut legs

Hmm. Well. First of all, moderate cardio has no impact on overtraining. One must be performing chronic amounts of cardio to achieve an overtraining state. Generally, aside from being tired, pure cardio won't affect your muscular state noticeably, the exception being if you pick a stairmaster or something that taxes a particular muscle group.

Secondly, cardio doesn't burn up muscle protein any more than pure dieting does. Any form of caloric deficit, whether diet or exercise induced, can consume muscle for energy. This can be minimized by consuming whey before any form of exercise, including cardio.

Also there's some evidence that cardio burns subcutaneous (below the skin) fat better than pure dieting, which tends to burn visceral (around the stomach organs) fat. So it does make sense to do cardio, especially when one is already quite lean.

"PrinceCharming" said:
what i said totally blew over your head.......

when sitting still your body relys mostly on fat and not glycogen for energy

when doing cardio you burn up muscle protien and muscle glycogen and some fat

Wrong. Red K for you to come here giving out bad information on an issue that is so easy to document. You may as well tell people to administer the dianabol tablets rectally because they work better that way.

Percentage-wise, more fat is burnt, but so little total calories are burnt that the actual difference is meaningless.

I think I posted this yesterday on the Diet board:

From pg. 445 of Bob Glover's "The competitive Runner's Handbook":

What about the ontroversial idea that slower -paced running is better for burning fat and losing weight than faster-paced running? According t the theory, the "fat-burning zone" is between 50 and 60% of your maximum heart rate (MHR). Research at the University of Texas indeed found that fat provides for 90 percent of calories burned at that pace. At 75% of MHR, only 60% of calories burned comes from fat since yuor body switches to burning carbs as you run faster. So should you run slower to burn off more fat? According to the Texas study, running at the higher intensity, but still a conversational pace, actually resulted in more fat calories being burned. Why? The 50 percent intensity workout burned only 7 calories per minute while the 75% intensity workout burned twice that"

Amazon rating for the book would be a 5 but for people complaining that it had too much science-talk:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...104-2789606-6063144?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

And yeah, sitting in a freezer will burn fat, and it will also make you sick or give you hypothermia or frost bite.

"PrinceCharming" said:

i think some people get the illusion that cardio brings out more cuts especially in their legs. but i feel this is just an illusion. most bodybuilders never take the time to develop their hip flexors wich is the final peice of the puzzle to building nice quads. they basically develop this muscle when doing cardio giving the illusion of more cut legs

I hope you didnt mean that I thought that, as I have a little more knowlege about bodybuilding than that. Losing bf is a simple math equation, eat less calories then you burn and you lose fat. But when you get to a certain percentage, ie 5 or 6%, your body goes into a panic mode as its not natural to be that low, and simply eating less calories isnt enough, you need to force your body to drop the last bit of fat.
I hate cardio but would never have gotten into the shape i am in my avatar without it

Top Bottom