Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

single leg squats vs. lunges

I do lunges and like the feeling of this exercise, but does anyone have experience with single leg squats? I am thinking I need to either supplement this into my routine, or replace lunges once in a while to even out my legs. I am always down to try a new exercise.

While I think that lunges are superior, it wouldn't hurt to replace them with single leg squats on a Smith Machine.

In all honesty I don't like either one!

I am having a similar dilemma. The free gyms at my work (yes there are two) do not have a power rack (grrrr). So I am faced with a dilemma. I was thinking of replacing squats with single-leg squats (I would use DBs). Other options would include Smith machine squats. EVIL!!!!! Or leg presses. I already do lunges, and am probably going to change them to the splits lunges, where you step out to the side rather than straight.

Also, what is the proper form for single leg squats? I have heard one where you put our toe on a butt-high box behind you, and another where you extend your leg in front of you. Has anyone tried either one?

Anyways I would like to hear thoughts on single leg squats vs. smith squats vs. leg presses. And I am only going to do one. I like to get exhausted quickly and make my workouts short. And I am not going to join a gym just so I can squat there once a week, though once I buy a house I might buy a squat rack so I can start squatting again.

JC

needsize said:
In all honesty I don't like either one!

I am totally agreeing with you...totally.

B True

joncrane: You don't have to have a power rack to squat...don't they have some sort of squat rack...something...anyting.

Find a way to squat....

B True

Top Bottom