Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Simplifying leg day

ceqwe

What do you guys think about simplifying leg day and just doing one lift at a time

like how about I just do squats 20 sets

Or another day i might just do deadlifts

Or another day i might just do lunges?

is this a good strategy or will I just be shooting myself in the leg no pun intended ha

20 sets of squats???

Holy shit man. That's too much.

Iv had success with German volume training.

Same weight 10 x 10 once a week, I used to do Sunday. Start literally at 40% of your max. Up it 5 pounds per week. On the last set I'd go to near failure but true GVT don't even call for that. Then I'd do 10 sets of various high rep calf raises and that was my whole workout.

Then on Thursday I'd do some leg extensions, leg curls maybe 4 sets of each and another 8 sets of calf raises of some sort.

That routine took my legs to a the best they ever were. I literally started at 135 10 sets of 10 road it up only 5 pounds per week to 185 10 x 10 over many months. 185 don't sound like a lot but 10 x 10 perfect form, sometimes even pause at the bottom is a workout! Hypertrophy focuses of course ... Strength training this really wouldn't apply. But try it even at 135 10x10 will make you sore as hell. Then rep out a set of 30 or 40 if you want on the 10th set. Slow eccentric, perfect form, pause at the bottom. You'd be surprised how effective making light weight "harder" is for hypertrophy.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What do you guys think about simplifying leg day and just doing one lift at a time

like how about I just do squats 20 sets

Or another day i might just do deadlifts

Or another day i might just do lunges?

is this a good strategy or will I just be shooting myself in the leg no pun intended ha

how about you just do straight squads 40 sets hardcore

Top Bottom