Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Sight and sound of an Off squatting day :(

coolcolj

Well inspired by needsize I thought I'd vid cap my squatting, check my form , which was pretty decent - that surprised me.

But I actually failed today! I was expecting to hit 5 clean reps at 250lbs and failed on the 4th :(

Well I captured my failure in glory :)
Right click and save as to your computer before viewing please

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/coolcolj/Movies/CCJ_Squat250Failed.mpg

You can see I go rock bottom and my knees are well forward, not too many people squat like this at my gym, I think I'm the only one!

My Box jumps - people seem impressed with these, everytime I do em for some reason, not that hard. That PT looking at me in the vid, commented to me later how impressive I looked :p
Wasn't really jumping as high as I normally do either - flat day

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/coolcolj/Movies/CCJ_BoxJumps.mpg

Good clips. Not sure what happened to you on that 4th rep man...you should have easily gotten 5 or more by the way that the first 3 looked. Something MUST have broken down somewhere.

B True

b fold the truth said:
Good clips. Not sure what happened to you on that 4th rep man...you should have easily gotten 5 or more by the way that the first 3 looked. Something MUST have broken down somewhere.
B True

Yeah I've been like that the last 3 workouts - I just give like that boom. Not sure what's up. Felt pretty tired today, didn't really feel like going to the gym. Perhaps I need a break.

Thanks guys - just love the clatter of those plates :)

Next time you do them...don't face the mirror. You are looking at yourself.

Take the towel off of the bar.

Head UP!!!!!!!

Sit BACK a lot more!!!

B True

Well I need the towel :)
Its too uncomfortable for me without the towel, granted I could probably lift more, since the bar is elevated a good inch.

Actually I've tried squatting head up and my form goes worst, I get all off balanced. I've been told to look straight forward when squatting actually by an Olympic Lifter coach.
Granted the mirror doesn't help. I'll just shut my eyes

Sit back as in hips back? I used to squat like that, but that's too much hips. I'm after more quad stimulation, hence why I sit straight down. This is an Olympic Squat remeber :)
I lean too far forward if I sit abck more, and its hard for me to balance, plus my lower back and hamstrings get stressed like hell from the lean - stretch

I've revised my squat form 3 times already. I'm quite happy with this one right now, especially for my goals. It may not allow me to lift the most weight, but that's not a problem to me.

Last edited:
damn, i got an error when I tried to download your vid, I'll have to try again later

Needsize - you need to right click and save as to your computer. For some reason Mediaplayer craps out if you just click on the link

Bfold - thanks for the tips, I know your only trying to help

Gotta love the mighty full Olympic squat. I should be good for 255lbs. for low reps by 28th Dec.

Can't wait to get my Adidas O-lifting shoes... Dress shoes aren't exactly the best imitating them.

Good job!

Top Bottom