Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

side laterals (shoulders) r they needed???

cAbo

i havent done side laterals never, because i thought they where too much of a isolation exercise but many of u use them,
r they really good to develop shoulders or its ok to stick with sh presses??

I've never thought much of them (even when I was doing them).

You'll hear differing oppinions on them but NEVER use them to REPLACE a shoulder press. You just can't beat this compound excersize for shoulders.

IMO.. Use Presses as primary and the front / side laterals as desert.

Sometimes the laterals make my elbows joints sore, but I always try at least 2 sets.
Especially standing sides and Bent..

never hurt my elbows. i dont use an extreme amount of weight though either. i use a 15 lb dbell, one side at a time. my range of motion is such that the dbell will never come down to where my deltoid relaxes. i put one hand on my shoulder so i can feel when it starts to relax and then its back up. nice and slow and you will actually get something out of it. i gave up the swing the weight or start from the bottom laterals a while ago.

well they are necessary for most people if you want round semetrical shoulders. They are the meat and potatoes of my shoulder workout as my front delts are hit enough during chest work.

If you have a major imbalance I suppose it may help but not visibly. But really the only people the get much in the way of results are the juicers. If you take enough you can superset laterals w/ tricept kickbacks and grow lol.

I wouldn't bother. Compound pressing and pulling movements involve the side heads so an imbalance is unlikely. Cannonball delts are developed by drugs - only rarely to natural genetics allow for this pronounced shoulder development.

"If you have a major imbalance I suppose it may help but not visibly. But really the only people the get much in the way of results are the juicers. If you take enough you can superset laterals w/ tricept kickbacks and grow lol.

I wouldn't bother. Compound pressing and pulling movements involve the side heads so an imbalance is unlikely. Cannonball delts are developed by drugs - only rarely to natural genetics allow for this pronounced shoulder development"

you are a FUCKING IDIOT!!

"Yo dude that NPC guy is huge! to bad he has small shoulders because he doesn't juice..."

are shoulders some special exempt muscle that only get big when you do roids? WTF? cannonball delts are a product of #1. genetics #2 hard work... and of course proper nutrition but that's a given cause no bodypart will grow if you aren't eating.

and to the guy that said they are worthless? ... riiiiiigghhht
:rolleyes: :kaioken: :devil: :kaioken:

Top Bottom