Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shrugs on back day or shoulder day

UltronJoshs

Hi, I would like to develop more my trapezius muscles, and need an advice on which day is more convenient to do do it, shoulder or back days? how about split them like lower traps on back day and upper traps on shoulder day, how do you guys do it, what's you routine for traps?

Personally I don't train traps directly anymore. As long as you are doing your deadlifts you will develop traps just fine. If I was going to train them directly I would do them on shoulder day. This is because back day is very heavy and taxing on the body compared to shoulders.

I do shrugs on my shoulder day to target the upper traps.

On my back day, I do heavy deadlifts and narrow grip rows (like a t-bar row) to target the low traps.

Splitting them up makes the most sense in my mind.

You can't really isolate the lower traps but you train them indirectly by any rowing or pull down movement with a narrow grip.

Hi, I would like to develop more my trapezius muscles, and need an advice on which day is more convenient to do do it, shoulder or back days? how about split them like lower traps on back day and upper traps on shoulder day, how do you guys do it, what's you routine for traps?

Depends on how much extra development you need for your trap muscles. If they are very underdeveloped, I would do them both in back and in shoulders workouts and I would try to focus more lower traps during back day and upper traps during shoulder day.

Otherwise it depends on your split programme and how much focus you want to put on them. Once a week in my opinion is more than enough.

Top Bottom