Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulders startin to feel the brutality I impose on them..

U

UA_Iron

The last couple bench days and shoulder and tricep days my shoulders have been in slight pain afterwords. Does anyone have any good advice on how to keep them in good working order?

I plan on starting stretching (didnt do it before, lol) and looking into the PL style bench press. But I think weighted dips kind of take a toll on my shoulders.

Any help is appreciated.

UA_Iron said:
I plan on starting stretching (didnt do it before, lol) QUOTE]

This is not funny. You should always stretch your muscles before taxing them(especially shoulders). I couldn't even imagine what would happen to me if I didn't stretch first. As far as specific shoulder stretching goes, I would make sure you warm up your rotators. Before I lift my chest/shoulders I grab one of those big plastic balls and with my arms straight out infront of with one hand on the top and one on the bottom simple raise the ball over your head and then twist your hands so the hand on the bottom is now on the top and vice versa. I usually do 4 sets of 15 nice and slow. It really gives you a nice stretch if you go slow and controlled.
Good Luck

yeah its not a good idea to not stretch I agree.

In the 5 years I have been lifting I have never had any issues with joints or pain of any kind until recently. This led me to believe it was overrated. But anyway, prevention is my concern and you gave me some advice I will certainly try, thank you man.

Ive been lifting 9 years myself, and always pushing the limits. I cant say I really stretch, but I always warm-up light before going heavy. I dont really have any pain in my shoulders yet, hopefully theyll stay healthy. Ive had slight pain before, but it went away. I dont really know how to rehab a shoulder injury since Ive never had one, but I think one principle applies to all injuries, and that is, work around them anyway you can. By simply switching exercises or the way you do them you can likely avoid the problem all together. Unless it gets real bad. Im sure some people on here can suggest some good variations. Hope that helps

WalkingBeast said:
Ive been lifting 9 years myself, and always pushing the limits. I cant say I really stretch, but I always warm-up light before going heavy. I dont really have any pain in my shoulders yet, hopefully theyll stay healthy. Ive had slight pain before, but it went away. I dont really know how to rehab a shoulder injury since Ive never had one, but I think one principle applies to all injuries, and that is, work around them anyway you can. By simply switching exercises or the way you do them you can likely avoid the problem all together. Unless it gets real bad. Im sure some people on here can suggest some good variations. Hope that helps

thanks beast

I think the bench press is just starting to take its toll.

I do some light cable pulls before I hit the heavy BNBP....

My shoulders get pretty pumped & cramped...almost to the point of 'serious' (muscle)pain...when they start doing this I grab the side of the rack, like when you throw a frisbee and PULLLLLL....feels great.

UA_Iron said:
thanks beast

I think the bench press is just starting to take its toll.

No problem brother!! Maybe switching to PL bench would help? Theres also lots of great machines for chest, if size is your main goal. The Hammer Strength and Cybex seem to work great if you train hard on them. Ive gotten sore off of them before. You can really move the weight slow and controlled, and blast the FUCK out of the muscle. They seem great for bodybuilding purposes. You might be able to find some that dont bother your shoulder as much. I dont see why they wouldnt build size, though Ive never really tried training with just the machines and no freeweight. Hope that helps

Top Bottom