x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

shoulders on chest day

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about shoulders on chest day within the Weight Training & Weight Lifting category.

Excerpt: An experienced( tournament winner) bodybuilder once told me to do chest and shoulders together, shoulders after chest and only side raises as pressing will take away the stress on chest. I must admit being somewhat in awe of this monster i have trained this way for some time until recently. I have decreassed my sets dramatically doing only 2 warm ups and 4 working sets per bodypart and upped my reps from 4-6 to 8-12. i have definately had a small gain from doing this, antone else

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

Good Broly
    An experienced( tournament winner) bodybuilder once told me to do chest and shoulders together, shoulders after chest and only side raises as pressing will take away the stress on chest.

I must admit being somewhat in awe of this monster i have trained this way for some time until recently.

I have decreassed my sets dramatically doing only 2 warm ups and 4 working sets per bodypart and upped my reps from 4-6 to 8-12.

i have definately had a small gain from doing this, antone else found this worked and what sort of gains did u get.

BE STRONG!!

Thumbs down Nah...

I tried that workout before. It's okay and I get good pumps from it...it also makes a lot of sense from a functional anatomy perspective but ...

I would rather have a day to blitz shoulders by themselves (I also hit traps on shoulder day).

JMO bro.

If you do happen to try that routine... alternate the body part you start with every week. For example, if you do chest first, you will not get a 'maximum pump' on your shoulders... so switch it up every week.

Amateur Bodybuilder

Thumbs up You might as well

why in the heck would you not train shoulders on chest day? It makes so much sense physiologically. People usually get upset because they cannot military press very much weight on chest day, well duh... you just did 3-4 exercises for chest AND front delts (no movement can eliminate front delt assistance.)

after my chest workout I do these exercises:
    1x military press
    2x DB side laterals
    2x machine side laterals

realize that if you choose to do a separate delt day (which is fine IMHO) realize that you are in essence working delts twice a week. I feel that even if you do have a separate shoulder day that you should still incorporate one exercise for side delts.