Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shoulders on chest day

COOKSTER

An experienced( tournament winner) bodybuilder once told me to do chest and shoulders together, shoulders after chest and only side raises as pressing will take away the stress on chest.

I must admit being somewhat in awe of this monster i have trained this way for some time until recently.

I have decreassed my sets dramatically doing only 2 warm ups and 4 working sets per bodypart and upped my reps from 4-6 to 8-12.

i have definately had a small gain from doing this, antone else found this worked and what sort of gains did u get.

BE STRONG!!

Nah...

I tried that workout before. It's okay and I get good pumps from it...it also makes a lot of sense from a functional anatomy perspective but ...

I would rather have a day to blitz shoulders by themselves (I also hit traps on shoulder day).

JMO bro. :)

If you do happen to try that routine... alternate the body part you start with every week. For example, if you do chest first, you will not get a 'maximum pump' on your shoulders... so switch it up every week.

You might as well

why in the heck would you not train shoulders on chest day? It makes so much sense physiologically. People usually get upset because they cannot military press very much weight on chest day, well duh... you just did 3-4 exercises for chest AND front delts (no movement can eliminate front delt assistance.)

after my chest workout I do these exercises:
1x military press
2x DB side laterals
2x machine side laterals

realize that if you choose to do a separate delt day (which is fine IMHO) realize that you are in essence working delts twice a week. I feel that even if you do have a separate shoulder day that you should still incorporate one exercise for side delts.

Top Bottom