Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder routine - Critique?

Sun

Having trouble with delts growing... so I switched my routine a bit. This is what I did today. I tell you, it at least felt focking killer!

DB Press -

Set 1 @ 6-8 reps
Set 2 @ 6-8 reps, dropset -20, dropset -5
Set 3 @ 6-8 reps, dropset -20, dropset -5, dropset -5

Side Laterals

Set 1 @ 6-8 reps
Set 2 @ 6-8 reps, dropset -5
Set 3 @ 6-8 reps, dropset -5, dropset -5

Front Raises -

Set 1 @ 6-8 reps
Set 2 @ 6-8 reps
Set 3 @ 6-8 reps, dropset -10

Barbell Shrugs -

3 Sets, 6-8 reps

DB Shrugs -

3 sets, 6-8 reps

[This message has been edited by Sun (edited April 08, 2001).]

You might want to add some bent over laterals (either cable or db...I prefer cable, JMO) unless you are hitting rear delts on back day which is what many do.

Also, try some wide grip uprights for delts. I don't use them every shoulder workout but I like to throw them in every so often.

------------------
Backstage, '75 Olympia:

Serge Nubret, "I look like I can take you."

Arnold, "Keep looking."

the key to the above mentioned exercise is wide grip...if your grip is to narrow its a trap exercise. wide grip upright rows work killer.

my delts realy started responding well when i started doing them directly after chest ,there all ready exausted from my heavy pressing movements
just my 2 cents
zuess

Drop either the DB or the BB shrugs - I suggest dropping the BB shrugs because they put your muscles in a less natural position than the DB shrugs.

My routine looks almost identical to yours but I also do military press on shoulder day.

Get rid of the front raises.

3 sets of press is OK i guess.

drop down to 1-2 sets of side lats.

LeviathanX called it with the shrugs.

you might want to give seated presses to the front using a barbell in the 6-8 range for 3-4 sets in addition to what you are all ready doing. But everything you are doing looks good.

you might want to give seated presses to the front using a barbell in the 6-8 range for 3-4 sets in addition to what you are all ready doing. But everything you are doing looks good.

Top Bottom