Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder presses

freakedit

I have been practicing hand stand push ups lately and I feel like its lifting 90% of my body weight. Surely I dont need to use weights to make increases in shoulder size and strength right? Handstand presses should be good enough?

You can only go so far with body weight exercises. If you want to go to the next level you need to lift heavy weights.

I have been practicing hand stand push ups lately and I feel like its lifting 90% of my body weight. Surely I dont need to use weights to make increases in shoulder size and strength right? Handstand presses should be good enough?

No. Google images of the broadest / widest looking guys then ask yourself (or them if you can get an answer) 'did you get that wide from doing hand stand press ups?'. You know they will say no don't you.

Those who are good at these will always be lighter guys. Only very rarely do you ever see any over 200lbs. I'm 289 right now (yesterday) - I think I'll pass ha ha

I love bodyweight exercises because they are often forgotten but very beneficial. Push ups and pull ups are great examples. I would always include weight training though.

I would also add in some isolation work like side lateral raises. If you don't have access to a gym, you could hold onto bags or rice or something like that for weights.

Top Bottom