Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shoulder press advice

dominc hfh

Hi everyone, I'm having too many issues developing my shoulders , I would like to know what routine you guys do on shoulder presses , weight x reps and how many days a week, thank you.

shoulders are an easy muscle to work, but don't over train them! that is one muscle you never want to over train due to injury risk and also they aren't like calves or abs where you can work them daily

incline, militaries, pullups.. those are the bread and butter to building big shoulders

Just vary your training. Remember that you need food to grow so it is possible there is a lack of calories and not something with your training.

Shoulders are an endurance muscle and respond best to high reps. Include regular hard and heavy sets in the 5-8 rep range but also include some burn out sets that are 20+ reps.

If you look at the anatomy of shoulder muscles, they contain a lot of slow twitch muscle fibres.

I'm feeling especially helpful so...

The most obvious routine is side laterals followed by an overhead press. That's an isolation movement for width followed by a compound movement for overall bulk and strength. That covers 90% of trainees needs. I'd throw in a couple of very light high rep rotator cuff sets and you're done.

Very few lifters need to do a specific front delt movement as these get worked on almost all bench press type lifts. Rear delts do. Less so for strength etc but more for full development.

A good exercise (worth a google) is so-called 'cable face pulls'. The rear delt is one of the fillers in, as it were, of gaps in a physique.

Top Bottom