Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder Pain-Shoulder Horn ?

Rocket

Got alot of shoulder pain when benching, has anyone use a shoulder horn? Did it help? I will ask this question in the training board also.

Thanks Rocket

I believe the shoulder horn works the external rotators (teres minor, infraspinatus) which can be worked without one.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Infraspinatus/DBExternalRotation.html

You should also work the supraspinatus, because this is actually injured more often than any other rotator muscle. To work the supraspinatus, grab low weights (no more than 5 lbs) hold them by your sides, turn your hand so the palm faces back and do a lateral raise. Wouldn't hurt to do some rear delt work since it's usually neglected.

While benching, make sure your shoulder blades are together and tight through the whole motion. This is much safer for the shoulders.

happy benching...

p.s. I love cars

Last edited:
Thanks for your help. The exercise yo discribe sound like a front lateral raise. The one you put the link to is great I will start those tonight, but I'm not sur I understand the other.

Rocket

dont screw with your shoulder..... dont let pride get in the way..... do what you can without it hurting.........I MEAN WITHOUT HURTING DURING THE SET.

injurys suck and have ended more than one career...... why do you think those that come back from them get so much praise.... becuase most people will give up....... be strong, but above all be smart........ and always remember........"The weight doesn't respect you, but you must respect the Weight."

X

Top Bottom