Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

shoulder pain and collar bone pain...

eastarr69

have you guys experienced this while doing close grip bench presses with the straight bar...if so, what do you do to correct this..

Try to prevent your shoulder girdle from coming off the bench... I know this causes me some discomfort...
Also squeeze your shoulder blades together (this helps keep your shoulder girdle from moving)
Thanks

A lot of guys will bench much more often than they work their back . The pecs will eventually start to pull the shoulders too far forward and cause pain. I just dealt with this, had to quit lifting for a while because of it. My sports doc said to work back twice as often as chest. I tried it and the pain left. I hope this helps.

Thanks...both are good ideas and i will trey both...i just started to work my back regularly and that is helping also....

E

Funny thing... I actually had the exact same issue as christ.... DONT FORGET TO WORK YOUR BACK OR YOU WILL TURN INTO A HUNCHBACK!

I have the issues whenever I bench also...I go heavy all the time and refuse to train light...to me I train heavy...I do 3 sets of 5-6 ove 300 on flat, incline and decline.....I will only use dumbells if I am training for shape...I am into strength and power and I refuse once again as I said to go light....light to me that is....

E

If you want to train really heavy, I sugest replacing your standard elbow out 'bodybuilder' style bench with a safer powerlifter sytle bench press. Tuck your elbows into your side when bringing the weight down, arch your back(with your ass still on the bench), squish your shoulder blades together and drive with your feet...
Do a search on PL style bench.. It will take a lot of the stress off your rotator cuffs.
Thanks
Ryan

eastarr69 said:
I have the issues whenever I bench also...I go heavy all the time and refuse to train light...to me I train heavy...I do 3 sets of 5-6 ove 300 on flat, incline and decline.....I will only use dumbells if I am training for shape...I am into strength and power and I refuse once again as I said to go light....light to me that is....

E

Could be an AC impingement too.

An AC what? I was reading the ed coan book and I am going to incorporate his movements as stated above by Dr. Bones.....I hope that will help me out, by the end of january, I want to attempt 500 pounds on the bench.....also, any idea when to wear a bench shirt...i know 5 bills is not a lot, but i was curious about the shirt thing...dont want to blow a shoulder if my tendons are not keeping up with the rest of me...

E

Top Bottom