Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder Pain & Sleeping

hellboy

Here's something I've been pondering recently. My right shoulder is a bit flakey. Whenever I'm carrying groceries or lifting or whatever there are always certain positions that just hurt for it to be in. And it's not always dependant on the amount of weight I'm carrying. I've noticed though that I tend to sleep on my right side and tend to sort of hyper-extend my shoulder outwards either under a pillow or a girlfriend. It doesn't hurt when I sleep but I do realize that this is not a normal position for a shoulder to be in for long periods of time.

For all the people who are having shoulder issues - I've seen a lot of these threads recently - how many of you sleep with your weight on the funky shoulder? Mebbe it's something to consider or mebbe not.

i've seen it mentioned in a couple places a few times and i just realized i do that. that's probably part of the reason my soulders hurt

If it's your rotator cuff start doing something about. Train it light and relatively frequently. There's no excuse for not doing that and then complaining.

After my shoulder surgery my doctor told me to try to sleep laying flat on my back instead of on my side. I go to sleep on my back, but I move around a lot in my sleep and I usually wake up on one side or the other.:(

I definately have problems sleeping with my left shoulder... I can't sleep too well with it above my head or with both hands folded under my face (sleeping on my stomach) -- although, my rehab has really improved the flexability of my shoulder... so I am looking forward to this in the future.

Also, sleeping with another person in the bed... it really cramps the type of positions I can lay in... like, I can't have my left arm extended underneath them.

C-ditty

One time I feel asleep on my left arm and shoulder, when i woke up in the morning I rolled over and noticed I couldn't feel a left arm at all. I literally picked up my left arm up with my right hand and couldn't even feel the fucking thing at all, I cut off all circulation, it was some weird shit, scary too!!!

Top Bottom