Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder pain

kieran a

I got a pain in my.right shoulder but cant quite pin point where it is. It's a bot of a odd feeling. It hurts more doing incline bench or a shoulder press machine. Once I go past a certain angle forward or back from a double bicep pose.
I do some.warm ups on the shoulder to try and help no matter what I am doing in the gym that day.
Barbells shoulder press not a problem.
I want to go see some 1 about it but I cant quite tell them where it hurts. Ots like the back of the shoulder but feels inside.
Anyone else had this strange thing.

If barbells don't hurt, it could be some kind of technique flaw. Maybe you could ask someone to check and adjust your technique?

welcome to the world of torn rotator cuff!

50% of guys who have been lifting hard have some sort of rotator tear. now from here you can do 2 things

1. keep doing shoulder presses and bench press and tear it more
2. stop doing those exercises for a while and build mobility in your shoulders

if it is a minor tear scar tissue will fill in the gaps and you can start lifting light again in another 2-3 months.. if it is a severe tear you will never be able to lift again heavy most likely :(

the problem is you aren't Cam Newton or Drew Brees where you can get surgery done by the best doctors in the world, and rehab for 4-6 months, then be back throwing the ball 70 yards

Thing is I am not struggling to lift shoulder press or bench. Once i warm up it not a pain that hurts just feels funny.
Today I shoulder pressed 100kg 6 times as per normal.
It's just funny positions you think it wont hurt does.
But would you just push through or stop. When you can complete work outs fine.

I get this with my right shoulder as well, where just certain specific positions caused pain. I kind of just ignored it for a while and it ended up getting worse. I started doing a lot of band work and light weight warmup movements before doing any lifts with my shoulders and this seems to have mitigated greatly (although it took some time)

It started not long after my tennis elbow went away. I think i strained it by changing my routine so it dodnt effect my elbow but my shoulder then took the stress over.

I got a pain in my.right shoulder but cant quite pin point where it is. It's a bot of a odd feeling. It hurts more doing incline bench or a shoulder press machine. Once I go past a certain angle forward or back from a double bicep pose.
I do some.warm ups on the shoulder to try and help no matter what I am doing in the gym that day.
I want to go see some 1 about it but I cant quite tell them where it hurts. Ots like the back of the shoulder but feels inside.

Sounds like bicep tendonitis. The tendons tie in at one end on the forearm and the other behind the delt / shoulder joint.

It started not long after my tennis elbow went away. I think i strained it by changing my routine so it dodnt effect my elbow but my shoulder then took the stress over.

because you were overcompensating to your shoulders, which put too much pressure there. see how it all is like a domino effect?

also notice what the other guy said above, it is right side.. same with me .. of course they dominant shoulder will be the first to go

really not what people want to hear when i tell them to STOP doing those lifts, but you need to. i would stick to legs/non shoulder lifts for the next 2 months and go to bikram yoga to increase mobility in all your joints.. this is what every weight lifter should do atleast every 2 years.. it is like maintenance on your car, if you ignore it then one day that engine will blow up

do that and then gradually go back to shoulders again but be smarter.

you are welcome to fork over $3K of your deductible or out of pocket for an MRI where a good PT will tell you the same thing I am, except they will want you to pay $90 per hour to do granny training with bands which won't do a damn thing. i been through all of this bro, been there and done that .. wasted tons of $$$ going to these idiots for nothing. you need to be your own doctor

Fun example. Back in the day two of my buddies trained together and both had the same injury on the same side. It didn't take this expert and fellow mod to workout that whatever they BOTH did was what they had done to hurt themselves

Stay away from aggravating lifts for a while and go lighter on shoulder movements

Top Bottom