Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Shoulder injury, how do i recover and avoid future injury?

Ozzie87

Banned
Platinum
I was doing my flat bench press with a friend of mine on friday (hes a bit stronger than me) and overdid the weight a tad...... I felt a pain in my right shoulder and now its too painfull to do any flat bench work. I continued to workout on an incline, doing a few sets of dumbell press and flys, not completely pain free but it wasn't as bad. this might have been due to the simple fact that the weight was vastly reduced. my shoulder is slightly painful when i move my arm in certain ways, bringing my elbow backwards like when the barbell just tipping your chest in a press is the most painful. its not a serious injury i hope as the pain isnt really bad but i'm woried about hurting myself further. does anyone know of any shoulder stretches and excercises i can use to help prevent another injury, and also advice for getting my shoulder back in the game. Thanks in advance for any replies :)

Ice your injury for a few days and take some time off. Flat benching is tough on the shoulders as well.

Another question since I am in the same situation as Ozzie, I hurted my shoulder in the same way in the same exercise. What other exercises that do less stress on the shoulder than a flat bench?

After reading your post, I did some shoulder stretches today. I too have been having left shoulder problems. Always feel it during deadlift days. Also front squats too since the bar sometimes rolls forward a bit.

I did this shoulder stretch movement with a towel. Just grab both ends of the towel then lift it infront of you and pull. Then as you're pulling lift the towel up and behind your head, then all around in circles. All while pulling at both ends of the towel. It stretches your shoulders real well.

Top Bottom