Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

should i be training to failure?

navainthe0

[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]iwas wondering how do you separate bro science from true science. example today i did my workout and i decided to hammer away a fewmore deadlifts for good measure. then i tried some curls andcouldn't even do 10 pounds anymore. i was dead. is that a goodworkout or is that over doing it? [/FONT]

do pro athletes train to failure? NFL players don't even practice in pads hitting during the season. they save it for the actual game.

same thing in weight training. you don't max out 1-2 reps when you are training, you save it for the actual meets

It is tough to separate bro-science from real science sometimes because we are all so different. Some people respond better to different types of training. I would say try both ways and see what you respond better to. I know I have adjusted along to way to ensure I avoid injury, etc. Be flexible.

My last set of each exercise I train to failure or near failure. In my opinion you should be going near failure most of the time. It's the last rep or two where you really push yourself that brings the progress.

Top Bottom