Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

should i ALWAYS add weight the next time i train a muscle again?

Hi.
I was just wondering if i should ALWAYS add weight the next time i train a muscle again? for example, if i do 50lbs bench press with 1 dumbbell just in my left arm on next monday, should i do about 52lbs the monday after the next monday? and then 54lbs the following monday and so on?
this question is not only for bench press, it was just an example. what about other exercises? should i always add weight to all exercises? the amount of weight depends on the muscle and the exercise of course...

It all depends on your goals. If you are on a mission to get big well then as soon as you have a good feel for the exercise start upping the weight just make sure you stay with a good form.

you should at least always try IMO.although keep in mind that ganis come slower if you've been training for a longer time.

I try for either weight or reps,

Sometimes it is not appropriate for me to increase weight, but just work on getting more weight.
let's say you are doing incline bench and you get 155 for 3, but the last one was assisted and the others were pushing you to your limits I would try to increase the reps next week. But on the other hand If I was squatting and I did 225 for 8 then next week I would definitely go up at least 5-10 lbs... just try to use common sense to prevent injury and always use a spotter.... Hope this helps

always TRY to add weight is the goal. Some days you just wont be able to based on strength and energy levels. But when you are feeling good - LOAD THE BAR and set a new record

bbuniv1.jpg

www.bodybuildinguniverse.com

No. If that worked we'd all be squatting Mercedes by now. It's obviously not possible to add weight every week and it's counterproductive trying. You hit a wall fast, especially with these crappy 3 sets of 8 rep canned bodybuilder routines, and the majority of trainers are content to stay there grinding away for years making no progress in any way. Some people will say that point is when it's time to switch exercises, which is just a more scenic route going nowhere. Unless you are a total newbie then pretty much anything works for the first 6 months to a year.

Training needs to be cycled with protocols appropriate to your specific goals based on what works for you.

I agree, your gonna be able to keep adding weight up to a point. Then your gonna hit that wall, the gains dont come forever. So at that point your gonna need to do some research, switch your routine, diet, supplements, whatever else u wanna do ;) I think u know what I mean.

Mike

i just figure my rep limit for a given exersize and when i hit it for three sets (like 12 reps for 3 sets) then i move the weight up and go at it until i hit 12 reps for 3 sets again....and so forth. i figure adding reps is just as good as adding weight...so long as you add the weight when you hit the rep limit you have set for that given exersize.

Really Dr? I know of trainees that were genetically typical or worse that added weight to the bar almost if not every single week. Till they reached a 300+ bench, 400+ lb squat, 500+ lb deadlift etc.

Invest in little discs. www.fractionalplates.com

If you can't add 2 lbs to a major lift and 1 lb to a smaller lift nearly every week, then you are not training within your body's ability to recouperate.

I wish this simple fact could be pounded into the head of 95% of the trainees out there. Instead they get frustrated and turn to gear before they're even close to their genetic potential.

Top Bottom